UK SW Warren Memorial Rideout - APRIL 2015 *ALL WELCOME* - Page 3 - SV1000 Portal
View Poll Results: Who will be attending.
Yes 5 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 25th April 2015, 08:48 PM
Be excelent to one another

♂ United Kingdom
UK
A cool dry start. The morning run as expected. Lunch indoors and showers from South Molton. All together too much excitement on the Torrington to Taunton stretch.

John took a tumble on a shiny bit awash with rain and muck, got a free ride to A&E. Hand wrist shoulder. DC went down in sympathy and sustained a hurty knee…

Thanks to TauntonDave and family for their hospitality and the repair to DC's shifter. When DC & I left he was heading out to recover Johns GSXR.

Kudos Dave.

John, heal fast heal strong. Hope the rest of you got home ok. Stay safe people, see you in September.

Cheers
Bish

PS: BigThumper was doing a time trial today in Bristol...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 25th April 2015, 11:18 PM
jms
Scooter boy

♂ United Kingdom
Somerset
hi all. just a quick note to say thanks to all. your help was very much appreciated.Esp to Bish and of co...urse Dave plus unknown Fireman bod..

DC sorry to see you went down too.

Final score is broken collar bone in 2 places, and a bone in my hand
going back tol hospital to get collar bone plated. takes 6-10 weeks so hope to see you all in sept but only if its dry!!

Be safe all and watch out for dung :-) im off to bed b4 pain med stops working

John

Cheers

John
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 26th April 2015, 08:22 AM
Raising the standards

♂ England
Norfolk
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms View Post
hi all. just a quick note to say thanks to all. your help was very much appreciated.Esp to Bish and of co...urse Dave plus unknown Fireman bod..

going back tol hospital to get collar bone plated. takes 6-10 weeks so hope to see you all in sept but only if its dry!!

John
Sorry to hear about your accident mate (and DCS too).
Get well soon

You`ll find it`s a better class of people who own BMW motorcycles

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 26th April 2015, 08:55 AM

♂ United Kingdom
UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms View Post

John
You're in good company there John, all the top riders have plated collar bones and broken hands

All the best, see you in September.

Cheers
Bish

post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 26th April 2015, 02:28 PM
Wandering Geriatric

♂ United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Garage
There were 12 bikes rolling out of Taunton Tesco's for yet another SW Run. No fixed leader, but DC, Valves and I had shares of the lead. The forecast was hopeful, dry till about noon, sprinkles during the afternoon and very soggy later. That is about how it turned out. Traffic was fairly light, especially on the high level bits of Exmoor. Maximum advantage was taken. Unfortunately John (JMS) took a tumble on a very slippery stretch of the route around Milverton, as did DC. John required the services of the Ambulance but I am relieved to see his previous post.
The whip round (Easy Bravo, you didn't miss anything significant) collected £57 which I have rounded up to £60 for Jeramiah's Journey. Thank you all for your generosity.

Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start to think there's people out there having fun on motorcycles, then it makes me take another look.

Steve Mcqueen - On Any Sunday
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 26th April 2015, 04:55 PM
Wandering Geriatric

♂ United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Garage
from Jeremiah's Journey

Dear David Hobbs,

Thank you for your donation of £60.00 through Localgiving on behalf of Jeremiah's Journey!

If you made your payment by debit or credit card, it will show up on your bank statement as "LOCALGIVING".

You can help Jeremiah's Journey further by sharing this link via social media to raise awareness of their cause: https://localgiving.com/jeremiahsjourney

Here are the details of your donation:

Donation ID: 294600
Date: 26/04/2015
Amount: £60.00

Thank you again for your generous gift – we hope you have a thoroughly lovely day!

Best wishes,

The Localgiving Team

Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start to think there's people out there having fun on motorcycles, then it makes me take another look.

post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 26th April 2015, 06:45 PM
SV1200 please

♂ England
Binfield, Berkshire
Glad to hear from John, so sorry you took the tumble. Being not far behind I was totally gobsmacked at the way your bike went from under you, we were making steady progress but in a straight line on a mostly dry road. I've only seen stuff like that on TV with people on slicks in rain! I hope the injuries heal well and as quickly as possible.

My off was much slower, I only slid about 15 yards compared to your 100, but again it happened so quickly. My injuries are only minor; Cuts and bruises to left leg, hip and elbow, but the worst damage was to my left knee, probably due to my instinctive reaction to try and hold the bike up with my left knee despite being leant over at about 75 degrees - Mark Marquez eat your heart out. So my knee is a bit of a mess, nothing broken but swollen up, so painful in places and annoyingly numb in others.

The more painful damage is to my bike I haven't studied it in detail but here's a brief summary of what I've noticed so far:

- Front left indicator and stem broken (though the bloody bulb survived!)
- Front fairing, LHS part worn away in two places and looks like it's cracked too
- Left hand footpeg and hanger
- Rear plastics scraped and cracked

Clothing ... well the waterproofs aren't any more
Helmet not badly damaged but any damage consigns it to the bin
Nothing of consequence in relation to gloves/boots/leathers

So I consider myself lucky and I'm really appreciate of the help given by TauntonDave - he with the awesome Aprilia 500cc two stroke. He managed to patch up the indicator and modify my damaged gear lever so I could actually get the bike back home. Absolutely top bloke.

The confidence took a bit of a battering and the weather was dreadful so the journey home was horrible, but with Bish riding as my wingman we got back in good time.

Spicy food, lager, hot bath and early night followed.

Left home this morning for Gatwick bound for Italy, could have done without that really! When I get back on Wednesday I'm going to check the bike out and decide if to make an insurance claim, which I think is likely. I'm pretty sure they'll write it off so I'll buy it back and then fix it up again. Probably!

Hey ho, I hope I'll be back for September
but not if there's rain in the forecast

DC

Keep Britain Tidy. Tuck in your shirt, comb your hair and give your shoes a bit of a polish

SV1000S K3 Silver & Scratched
Yoshimura 2:1, PCIII, Hamicad Fender Eliminator, Rad and Oil Cooler Grills,
Snorkelectomy, MCN Suspension Settings, Goodridge Braided Hoses and EBC HH pads
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 27th April 2015, 09:29 AM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
So sorry to hear of your off Dave but relieved that it wasn't too bad for you, no serious injuries and the bike survived reasonably well as well.....a few more war wounds to add to the list! lol
Great to see you, Bish and Stuart on Friday on your way down.....sort of not quite as sorry that I couldn't make it now!

JMS.....sorry to hear you had an off also but sounds a bit more serious.....mend well and soon ;-)

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 10th May 2015, 07:48 PM

♂ United Kingdom
UK
How are you healing John?

Whats the story with the bike?

Did TauntonDave get on the forum?

Cheers
Bish

post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 12th May 2015, 09:42 AM
In memory of the Box

♂ Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya
Sorry that I couldn't make it for the ride guys, but:
A Kenya is a bloody long way
B I don't have an SV any more...

Sorry to hear about the crashes.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europae vincendarum. (Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Alarm, TPS Mod, Scott oiler, de-snorkled, tank raised, TRE fitted then removed, EBC HH pads, Wavy front discs, Tail tidy, hugger, undertray, Tsubaki Gold series chain, Renthal sprockets. HEL Braided brake hoses, K&N Air Filter, Akrapovic oval Titanium cans, Power Commander III. Complete Respray. Hagon rear shock (remote pre-load adjuster), Hagon progressive fork springs.
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 13th May 2015, 10:27 AM
Wandering Geriatric

♂ United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Garage
From Jeremiah's Journey - what it's all about

Thank you all very much for your kind donation of £60 in memory of Warren Marks. We greatly appreciate you choosing to support our charity particularly at such a sad time. Your donation will go towards our work in supporting children and their families when someone special has died. In the last year we have supported nearly 220 children & indirectly supported a further 96 children through giving advice & information to their parents/carers. The main part of our service is to run group programmes for children, young people & their parents/carers. We use creative activities within the sessions to enable children to: express their feelings of grief; share their memories of their lost loved one; & explore effective ways of coping to build resilience. We have extended our service to help children who have a parent with a terminal illness. Without your support we would not be able to continue to help these children.

Kind regards Sarah Nuttall-Worsley Community Fundraiser

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in