UK SV OWNERS NATIONAL MEET 2005 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 486 (permalink) Old 10th January 2005, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
UK SV OWNERS NATIONAL MEET 2005

Ladies and Gents,

At last, through consultation with yourselves and as announced on the UK SV Owners meet last year, we can confirm the Dates of the meet will be FRIDAY 8TH, SATURDAY 9th and SUNDAY 10th July 2005, In CIRENCESTER, GLOUCESTERSHIRE. I know it clashes with Popham on the Sunday but surely this will be more of a SV Based run?

There has been a lot of behind-the-scenes work going on in the last few weeks with many emails and requests to hotels/campsites and other motorcycle clubs for help, but to no avail.

It was therefore decided that given the success of last year, we adopt the same thing this year.

If anyone wants to see how we got on last year Have a look at this thread HERE this should convince you to come to this years meet

The next thing that needs to be done is to sort out forms of accomodation.
Again, the Travel lodge in Cirencester is up for use, My accomodation is now spoken for. If you wish to do this form of accomodation, may i suggest you book early at www.travelodge.co.uk as there are rooms at this time. You need a credit card to book, but no monies are taken out until the time of the stay and you can cancel up to 1200 on the day of your stay without financial penalty.

I would suggest that those that wish to camp use www.mayfieldpark.co.uk as they were quite happy with us there last year and I see we would have no problems staying there again. GN03EPX (Alun) is organising the camping and his camping logistics thread is HERE

I must point out to you all at this early stage, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BOOKING YOUR ACCOMODATION That is something that must be bourne by each and every individual that intends to come.

Obviously we are planning 3 rideouts, one for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday respectively. They will follow a similar vein than last year with perhaps a few miles shaved off the main run (was i the only one with a sore ar$e last year?!!) The Friday run will be a relatively short run to North Somerset / North Devon from 1200 at the Travelodge, the Saturday and Sunday Runs are yet to be planned, but will be similar to Last years event

Friday night for those that can attend the whole event is intended to be a drinks night with the intention for the Saturday evening is to sort a food venue out, but perhaps on not as grand a scale as last year. Again could I ask for volunteers for a "Catering Meister"?

Clothing run 5 will be happening in March/April 2005 so no excuses for wrong attire!!

Anybody who has any good suggestions, put it up on this thread to assist those of us who are prepared to put time in to make this event happen. Mindless ambling posts not contributory to the meet will be deleted as we have a drivel thread on the site.

Even if you can only help in some small way, please do so. The sucess of the meet depends entirely on how much people are prepared to do

We need the following volunteers in the following fields please.......

1. Camping co-ordinator (POSITION FILLED BY GN03EPX)
2. Dining co-ordinator for the Saturday night (POSITION FILLED BY ZUNSPEC)
3. Rideout Group leaders

It would help if these volunteers were local to Cirencester or were prepared to travel to Cirencester to sort these details out.

I'm sure I may ask for further volunteers as well, but we will keep it to a minimum as we are mindful of other peoples situations.

Hopefully the weather will be better than last year, but then those of you who attended last year will vouch it did not dampen any spirits

To aid in our endeavours, I have created a Logistics Thread to help everyone who may need help in accomodation or other issues. Please help your fellow members in any way you can!

This thread on the forum home page will be updated with all relevant information as and when various aspects of the Meet are firmed up or when there is any message we need to get over to you all. KEEP AN EYE ON THAT THREAD FOR UPDATES (its closed for general use)

Thanks for your attention, over to you guys.....

Skidz/Andyw/Bjam

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Box Recipient #5

Last edited by Skidz; 18th January 2005 at 09:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 486 (permalink) Old 10th January 2005, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Here is the initial attendance list, PM me and Andyw with your intended attendance AND preferred accomodation please......I'll update as the list grows on. REMEMBER, this is not a hard commitment, but will help us in planning the event.

Thanks

AndyW (T/L)........................8/9/10 July (Meet organiser / Food Co-ordinator / Ride Leader 10Jul)
BigThumpa (na)...................../9/10 July (Ride Leader)
Dave Hobbs (T/L).................8/9/10 July (Co-Meet organiser / Ride Leader)
Finley (C)...............................9/10 July (Ride Leader)
GN03EPX (C).......................8/9/10 July (Camping co-ordinator)
Stevezuki (T/L, 1 Spare)........8/9/10 July (Ride Leader - 08Jul)
Skidz (T/L)..........................8/9/10 July (Co-Meet organiser)

(AndyW): Up to date list of everyone attending attached 24/05/2005) - latest update 05/07/2005 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russells Ride
My missus has put in a request that more of us bring along their other halfs this year even if they dont go on the rideout s,they can all go down town and go shopping or get pissed or go on the pull or something
so runit up the flag pole

I've copied the above comment here......good idea. Please let me (AndyW) know if partners/wives/family will be coming along:

Mrs Kilo and kids
Mrs Peterose
Mrs Russells Ride
Mrs Utah
Attached Images
File Type: gif meet.gif (24.7 KB, 34 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Box Recipient #5

Last edited by andyw; 5th July 2005 at 10:05 AM.
post #3 of 486 (permalink) Old 11th January 2005, 01:20 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
PLEASE NOTE:

1) Cut off date for signing up is Monday 30th May

2) Max number of places available is 40

You've been warned!

Apologies to those of you whose 3 or 4 posts I've deleted to get all this 'admin' stuff together.

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!

Last edited by andyw; 14th January 2005 at 02:22 AM.

post #4 of 486 (permalink) Old 11th January 2005, 07:16 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Here you are........updated from last year.

Will everyone who is intending to come along please fill in the brief questionnaire here:

www.wsm.inuk.com/sv1000/_meet/index.htm

Last year 'drop outs' and 'did not turn ups' caused me a major headache organising Ride Groups and meant the ride group setup was not as well done as it could have been due to last minute changes. The dropouts/d.n.t.u's resulted in other problems as well but lets not dwell on the past more now........the unforseen is fair enough but if you're a "I'll see what the weather's like at the time" type or you think you'll put your name down but might change your mind please don't put your name down until nearer the time....thanks.

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!

Last edited by andyw; 24th May 2005 at 12:18 PM.
post #5 of 486 (permalink) Old 12th January 2005, 08:29 AM

Camp thats Me!!

Did someone say they need a camping co ordinator.

I'm Free Mr andyW!!!!!!
post #6 of 486 (permalink) Old 12th January 2005, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN03EPX
Did someone say they need a camping co ordinator.

I'm Free Mr andyW!!!!!!
Give the man that job!!!!

Thanks Alun, much appreciated...

CAMPERS>>>>>>PLEASE LIAISE WITH GN03EPX FOR CAMPING ACCOMODATION.
When booking make sure you mention the SV1000 Meet so that you are allocated a tent spot with the group.
Please PM him to confirm the nights you have booked.

DON'T FORGET TO FILL IN ANDYW's QUESTIONNAIRE AS WELL PLEASE.

Cheers

Warren

Box Recipient #5

Last edited by andyw; 14th January 2005 at 02:12 AM.
post #7 of 486 (permalink) Old 12th January 2005, 04:02 PM

newbie-local to rally-possibly help???

hi-just joined-great site- i live within 30 mins or 20 by svthou to ciren,can possibly help out-if needed??where will it all take place?at the campsite??
cheers
stowboy-go naked!!
post #8 of 486 (permalink) Old 12th January 2005, 04:21 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Welcome to the site and thanks for the offer of help, as we get more organised quite likely we might take you up on that........to get a feel for what it's all about check out the link to the follow up thread on last years meet

In short, all riders split in to reasonable size groups for decent rideouts each day (pre-planned routes that will have arranged stop off points etc). One of the rideouts will include a stop off at a 'place of interest' (see the Vulcan bomber pics from last year).
In the evenings........food, beer and merryment! (not too much beer...riding the next day!)

post #9 of 486 (permalink) Old 12th January 2005, 04:27 PM

national rally

hi thanks for reply-just let me know-im sure i will see it all unfold on the site!!
looking foward to it!!!
stowboy
post #10 of 486 (permalink) Old 12th January 2005, 05:34 PM
Forum whore

♂ England
Quote:
Originally Posted by stowboy
hi thanks for reply-just let me know-im sure i will see it all unfold on the site!!
looking foward to it!!!
stowboy

Let me guess from your site Nic you live in or near Stow-on-the-Wold.......You might us seen us riding through very sensibley at the correct speed last year
post #11 of 486 (permalink) Old 12th January 2005, 09:37 PM
A Nomad

♂ United Kingdom
Wherever I lay my helmet
It's good to see that Travelodge are welcoming us back and that they didn't blame us for being involved with those hooligans who were 'melting' rear tyres in their car park

svvmax

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #12 of 486 (permalink) Old 12th January 2005, 09:39 PM
Crash-Test-Dummy

♂ Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by svvmax
It's good to see that Travelodge are welcoming us back and that they didn't blame us for being involved with those hooligans who were 'melting' rear tyres in their car park
SSSSHHHHHHHHHH,they probably forgot!!!!
post #13 of 486 (permalink) Old 12th January 2005, 10:19 PM
D'oh, nuts.....mmm Donuts

♂ England
Venta Bulgarum
2005 not 2004?

just to make sure that this year is 2004 and not 2005 before making any bookings?
look thread no.1

Riding Starship Ncc 1701 A
post #14 of 486 (permalink) Old 13th January 2005, 07:03 AM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
We've borrowed the Tardis ................oops, corrected! Thanks

post #15 of 486 (permalink) Old 14th January 2005, 02:23 AM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw
PLEASE NOTE:

1) Cut off date for signing up is Monday 30th May

2) Max number of places available is 40

You've been warned!

Apologies to those of you whose 3 or 4 posts I've deleted to get all this 'admin' stuff together.
For anyone that may not check back to the opening page of this thread......sorry but some restrictions are necessary.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in