Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 08:44 PM
Grrrrrrrrr!!!

United Kingdom
Ooooarrr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIVESLOB
I bet when they were all fired up it sounded good.............
The earth moved at the filling station today when all 20 or so started up. It was deafening!

Rule Brittania!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 08:45 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIVESLOB
Shame that I could not make it, but still theres alway's next year!

I bet when they were all fired up it sounded good.............

Good?!

Try earth movingly awesome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!
post #18 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 08:48 PM
Grumpy old sod.

♂ England
Northamptonshire
I loved the sound when we were all burbling through the narrow streets in a couple of the towns we passed through. The sound was awesome as we pulled away from the lights.

There are times when only a really big beer will do.

For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.

post #19 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Still 100% Original

♂ United Kingdom
Warwickshire
You think thats bad try looking at Chewy in your rear-view mirror - now you see him, now you don't, now you see him, now you don't. Glad you made it back Chewy - I was slightly worried - thats a lot of miles to cover and makes my 400 odd seem somewhat pathetic.

Andy, did you have a skidding moment at any time today?
post #20 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 08:56 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Uk Meet 2004 - Route maps....

For anyone that's interested you can now get access to the rideout route maps, brilliant electronic 'brochures' for the routes put together by Brian and some other stuff.

..........next years 'Guidelines' might have to be amended to include comments on anti social behaviour, drug abuse, and noxious substances

www.wsm.inuk.com/sv1000/meet

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!
post #21 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 09:18 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Everyone that attended....one last job for you....

Please take the time to complete the feedback form you'll find by following this link;

http://www.wsm.inuk.com/sv1000/meet/feedback.htm

NB:
# Weather...we did our best and afterall it wasn't nearly as bad as the frocasts led us to beleive. And this afternoon was perfect...this mornings rain left us with reasonably quiet roads for the most part.

# Ride Groups - be kind to me, loss of 12 expected to be there over the two days meant a lot of last minute changes! and the drugs wern't helping!

# Any comments on Sat night food......Pete's special aperatif was nothing to do with us (more fool you for trying it )

post #22 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 09:23 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Quote:
Andy, did you have a skidding moment at any time today?

....damn close.....I'm camera shy!

post #23 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 09:27 PM
Grrrrrrrrr!!!

United Kingdom
Ooooarrr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw
..........next years 'Guidelines' might have to be amended to include comments on anti social behaviour, drug abuse, and noxious substances......
.........making them all mandatory.

Rule Brittania!

post #24 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Still 100% Original

♂ United Kingdom
Warwickshire
OK, I conceed - just before I go to bed here are some 'moments' from the last two days - see you all Friday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap1.jpg (94.7 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg snap2.jpg (66.7 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg snap3.jpg (85.2 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg snap4.jpg (62.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg snap5.jpg (124.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg snap6.jpg (120.4 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg snap7.jpg (66.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg snap8.jpg (98.9 KB, 59 views)
post #25 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Still 100% Original

♂ United Kingdom
Warwickshire
Just a few more . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap9.jpg (70.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg snap10.jpg (65.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg snap11.jpg (61.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg snap12.jpg (54.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg snap13.jpg (72.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg snap14.jpg (63.8 KB, 71 views)
post #26 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 09:40 PM
Hardtail Racer

♂ England
Locks Heath, Southampton
Quote:
Without spoiling the fun....I went and had a quiet word with the folks in the Travel Lodge.....no problem!! (mind you they've not seen the 'evidence!)
Thanks Andy

Even took my no.plate off for trip back ( Brian's advice ) but would have blamed Warren for incitement

Absolute Top weekend - what a laugh - sensibly paced rideouts that didn't delay other drivers - tyre warming prior to & on rideouts and presevation of front tyre life mainly by Chewy - must do a cousre & practice the N2O version

Thanks to all for a brilliant crack especially all those that went the extra mile to make it happen- I think we've got the making's of a top UK Club

Can't wait to see the evidence - just hope it's not used against us -Brian

See you nutters soon Cheers Pete

If it's too LOUD you're too old
post #27 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 09:47 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Quote:
OK, I conceed - just before I go to bed here are some 'moments' from the last two days - see you all Friday
....I'm getting post meet withdrawal symptoms already.....help me with more pics..........PLEASE!

Quote:
See you nutters soon Cheers Pete
.......kettle, calling......you're the ultimate nutter!...stark raving bonkers, looney tunes, mad as a hatter, barking mad......and once you've had a drink!

post #28 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 10:10 PM
Hardtail Racer

♂ England
Locks Heath, Southampton
Quote:
..and once you've had a drink!
I don't drink water - only if it's chemically enhanced & has a suitable octane rating 113 oxygenated + :sweatdrop

If it's too LOUD you're too old
post #29 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 10:57 PM
Go to JHS!

♂ England
Littlehampton, West Sussex
Sounds like it was a great weekend, sorry I couldn't make it. The missus broke her leg 3 weeks ago and has now had 2 ops to try and put it right so I've spent the weekend pushing her around bloody car boot sales. I'm still in the doghouse as she says it's my fault for building the new front door step that she slipped off!

I've just booked next years meet with her and was told 'that's fine as long as I can go shopping in New York'. What is it with women and shopping?

Glad you all enjoyed the weekend and from what I can tell so far there were no incidents.

Steve
post #30 of 197 (permalink) Old 11th July 2004, 11:05 PM
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
***WARNING-BIG FILE***

Baby is up so I am making myself useful.......here is one of the video clips.

Chewy's hoop

The rest I will post up as soon as poss.....
Attached Files
File Type: zip chewys hoop.zip (5.65 MB, 210 views)

Box Recipient #5
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in