Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 13th July 2017, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

♂ Canada
Garage
Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working

Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

If you need Admin assistance please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 14th July 2017, 02:40 PM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
Those extortionist fuckers just laid waste to 12yrs of my post illustrations all over the web. There's no way that I'll pay them one red cent, and no way that I'm going to edit all those posts either. If I didn't u/l them directly to the site they are gone forever.

I'm moving all my stuff over to imgur, and PB can go pound sand!

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal
So Suck It Up Buttercup!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 14th July 2017, 04:15 PM
Copper Crusader!!

♂ United States
Tyner, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhair View Post
Those extortionist fuckers just laid waste to 12yrs of my post illustrations all over the web. There's no way that I'll pay them one red cent, and no way that I'm going to edit all those posts either. If I didn't u/l them directly to the site they are gone forever.

I'm moving all my stuff over to imgur, and PB can go pound sand!
So, tell us what's really on your mind!!!!

"Magnus frater spectat te"

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 14th July 2017, 04:38 PM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by svjoe View Post
So, tell us what's really on your mind!!!!
Honestly, I've been wondering if a class-action law suit isn't in their future. What they've engaged in is nothing short of extortion, and I believe that they should be called on the carpet for it....the greedy bastards!

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

So Suck It Up Buttercup!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 14th July 2017, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

♂ Canada
Garage
Sorry, guys. I wish we had some better news to go along with this note. Our tech team is trying to work something out, but so far no news on that front.

Just to note, you do have unlimited attachments on here. Moving forward, I'd suggest attaching your images directly to your posts so you don't have to worry about another site going down and ruining any threads here.

Dayle
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 15th July 2017, 12:27 AM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by sv-admin View Post
Just to note, you do have unlimited attachments on here. Moving forward, I'd suggest attaching your images directly to your posts so you don't have to worry about another site going down and ruining any threads here.

Dayle
How about you folks remove the restriction that only allows an attachment to be U/L'd once? I've gotten around it in the past with HTML and off site storage (PhotoFucket).

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

So Suck It Up Buttercup!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 17th July 2017, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

♂ Canada
Garage
Hey there,

I assume that you are referring to the fact that you need to upload an image to each post separately? Even if it is the same one?
You can add the image to your gallery and link the image within your post if you are looking for a workaround to that.

Richard.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 17th July 2017, 09:30 PM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by sv-admin View Post
Hey there,

I assume that you are referring to the fact that you need to upload an image to each post separately? Even if it is the same one?
You can add the image to your gallery and link the image within your post if you are looking for a workaround to that.

Richard.
No. The site software won't let you U/L the same image more than once...period. And linking to an image in your album only adds the link, not an image.
AFAIK, the only work arounds are an image host site and HTML code, or sub-forums that allow IMG tags to actually display the same pic more than once.

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

So Suck It Up Buttercup!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th July 2017, 03:42 PM
Administrator

♂
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhair View Post
No. The site software won't let you U/L the same image more than once...period. And linking to an image in your album only adds the link, not an image.
AFAIK, the only work arounds are an image host site and HTML code, or sub-forums that allow IMG tags to actually display the same pic more than once.
@Longhair

It is to keep users or spammers from posting the same image over and over.

Testing if changing name helps but does not.

Jeff M
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9978.jpg (51.8 KB, 2 views)

Jeff
Community Manager
Motorcycle.com

If you need admin assistance please post here:

Last edited by VS Jeff; 18th July 2017 at 03:44 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in