Heated liner!!!! - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 20th January 2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Forum whore

♂ United States
yonkers, new york
Heated liner!!!!

So last night i purchased the Gerbings heated vest liner for $139.00 and just came back from a test-run in 26 degrees weather and 40 mph wind gusts. Let me tell you folks who haven't tried it, it is nothing short of fantastic!:supsmiley Never once did i feel cold and in fact trollling around town i had to turn it off for a bit a i was too hot!

For such a minimal investment it now allows me to rude year ride here in the northeast.

must buy!!!!

2nd sv1000s-SOLD w/32k !! sold the 1sv w/ 35K!
yosh bolt-ons ,PCIII w/custom map[/B], k&n filter, desnorkled , ohlins 20mm fork kit+ springs, penske8900e, BT023's, gafler lines, EBC pads
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heli-bars, frame sliders, spools, touring screen,-1 front sprocket-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 20th January 2007, 09:56 PM
rjk
I STILL love twins!

♂ United States
Mukilteo....for a little while longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie111 View Post
it now allows me to rude year ride here in the northeast.

must buy!!!!
It's not nice to be rude year round.

If you are going to be a year round ruder, er, rider it is a must. I do not have one....yet but everyone who does swears on them.....kinda like an Aerostich.:supsmiley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 20th January 2007, 10:18 PM
THM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Canada
Sherwood Park
I purchased one before my trip out to Vancouver Island last year, and it was WELL worth the money!!!!!!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 20th January 2007, 10:22 PM
Dynamic Chaos Technician

♂ United States
just a short walk away from Nike Site S-13/14
An Aerostich and a simple electric vest is all I have ever needed. When I first got the vest I wondered how I had survived riding in winter the previous 13 years.

R.I.P. J.P. Patches

Once again I find myself trading my heros for ghosts.
Everyday it's getting harder and harder to tell blue skies from pain or a green field from a cold steel rail.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 21st January 2007, 12:33 AM
Fast Old Guy

♂ United States
OH USA
Gerbings

I've had mine for ten years, can you say "Lifetime Warranty"!!! I had a connector melt on me this year, due to a short in the Areostich coiled connector cord (overuse), and Gerbings said send it in, absolutely no questions asked. Fixed it and sent me new connectors as well!!!

If only all companies operated like this(are you reading this Suzuki?)

Couldn't be happier, or warmer.......:supsmiley
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 21st January 2007, 05:40 AM
rjk
I STILL love twins!

♂ United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gschris View Post
I've had mine for ten years, can you say "Lifetime Warranty"!!! I had a connector melt on me this year, due to a short in the Areostich coiled connector cord (overuse), and Gerbings said send it in, absolutely no questions asked. Fixed it and sent me new connectors as well!!!

If only all companies operated like this(are you reading this Suzuki?)

Couldn't be happier, or warmer.......:supsmiley
Made with pride in WA State too When I go heated it will be a Gerbings no doubt! Used to be Widder was the leader in electric but I think Gerbings is now the top of the class.

|
|
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 21st January 2007, 12:06 PM
Weekend cruiser

♂ Canada
Cambridge, Ontario
I find a heated vest feels like the sun is hitting the outside of a black jacket. With my BMW cylinders warming my feet, heated grips, and a heated vest - I've rode in some pretty cold weather (ice building up on fenders). This picture was taken on a CT scanner - zipped my heated vest around two pillows, did 700 thin axial slices, and then displayed it in 3D on a cardiac workstation. Just because...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3d3.jpg (36.6 KB, 38 views)
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 21st January 2007, 01:11 PM
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

♂ United States
El Cerrito, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniderj View Post
. This picture was taken on a CT scanner - zipped my heated vest around two pillows, did 700 thin axial slices, and then displayed it in 3D on a cardiac workstation. Just because...
Someone has a bit too much time at work.... Cool pic though.

CJ
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 21st January 2007, 01:36 PM
DVS
Twins Banger @ Full Lean

♂ Canada
Mississauga
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniderj View Post
I find a heated vest feels like the sun is hitting the outside of a black jacket. With my BMW cylinders warming my feet, heated grips, and a heated vest - I've rode in some pretty cold weather (ice building up on fenders). This picture was taken on a CT scanner - zipped my heated vest around two pillows, did 700 thin axial slices, and then displayed it in 3D on a cardiac workstation. Just because...

LOL

I love my vest and consider it one of the best investments I've made with regards to my motorcycling passion.

Consider this, we're all into this sport because we enjoy the freedom of riding. For my investment of $100Cdn, that's almost $25US to our brethen across the border , I'm able to extend the period of enjoyment by approx. 1.5 months on either side of the "typical" riding season. Count them, that's 3 additional months!!

DVS in name.... DVS in nature....

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 21st January 2007, 02:55 PM
Bike curious

♂ United States
Springfield, MOFO
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
....I love my vest and consider it one of the best investments I've made with regards to my motorcycling passion....I'm able to extend the period of enjoyment by approx. 1.5 months on either side of the "typical" riding season. Count them, that's 3 additional months!!
I COMPLETELY agree with you Yun about the aspect of being able to ride longer in colder weather. I have a Gerbing jacket liner and glove liners and think that next to the Corbin seat, they are the best investments I've made regarding motorcycle-related purchases.

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 21st January 2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Forum whore

♂ United States
yonkers, new york
another sucessful venture with the ehated vest!! went out this morning with my buddy at 10.00 a.m. and it was a bitting 17degrees Of course it had no effect on me. I giggled inside as i blew bast cars on the highway and drivers would look at us in disbelif.

again i can't imagine how i waited so long to get this item!!!!!:supsmiley

2nd sv1000s-SOLD w/32k !! sold the 1sv w/ 35K!
yosh bolt-ons ,PCIII w/custom map[/B], k&n filter, desnorkled , ohlins 20mm fork kit+ springs, penske8900e, BT023's, gafler lines, EBC pads

Heli-bars, frame sliders, spools, touring screen,-1 front sprocket-
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 21st January 2007, 10:19 PM
rjk
I STILL love twins!

♂ United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie111 View Post
another sucessful venture with the ehated vest!! went out this morning with my buddy at 10.00 a.m. and it was a bitting 17degrees Of course it had no effect on me. I giggled inside as i blew bast cars on the highway and drivers would look at us in disbelif.

again i can't imagine how i waited so long to get this item!!!!!:supsmiley
Nothing else heated? Well, they do say that your "core" is the most important...that you heat that area and it will warm your whole body. I think I will be buying sooner than later!

|
|
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 21st January 2007, 10:27 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Pasadena, Maryland
Thanks to my Gerbings full Jacket Liner and Heated Gloves, today is the only day that I haven't been able to ride here in Maryland this winter. Today were getttin a little bit of snow and freezing rain. It's a shame that Gerbing can't fix the weather, too..........

Stevie D

Steven C. Di Pietro
Mr. Happy Party Supply

Twisted Souls MC - Baltimore
2007 Suzuki SV1000S "Mile Eater"
1983 Suzuki GS650GL "Bug Slayer"
1987 Suzuki GV1400GCH Cavalcade LXE
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2007, 12:07 AM
Dynamic Chaos Technician

♂ United States
just a short walk away from Nike Site S-13/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjk View Post
Nothing else heated? Well, they do say that your "core" is the most important...that you heat that area and it will warm your whole body. I think I will be buying sooner than later!
Yeah, absolutely!
I am sure that the other heated goodies are good too, but the stuff about heating the core and the rest of the body staying warm is true. The vest is the the biggest bang for the buck. You should buy the basic vest first, then decide if you need more.

R.I.P. J.P. Patches

Once again I find myself trading my heros for ghosts.
Everyday it's getting harder and harder to tell blue skies from pain or a green field from a cold steel rail.

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2007, 02:08 AM
Fast Old Guy

♂ United States
OH USA
Vest vs jacket

Heated core means heated blood flowing throughout your body, thats also why heated grips can make feel warmer.
Jacket liner has heated sleeves and neck!!!!! Vest's do not, Why be cold?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in