LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #76 of 89 (permalink) Old 9th May 2011, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
I'm going to get some pads here pretty soon.

Did anyone try the EBC extreme pro pads yet? They are about the same price as the Vesrah RJL pads.

The SV isn't on the track very often so I probably won't buy the race super versions.
I have used and sold many sets now. They have a bit less initial bite than the regular pad but have way better all out stopping power and have much better lever feedback. I would say these feel much like the vesrah RJL and SRJL but with a bit less initial bite. THe first squeeze or two in the morning they are a bit lacking, but after that they are really good. They have good thick, very flat backing plates. I have never had them on the track yet, but several of the race bikes I work on have responded really well to them.

-MS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 89 (permalink) Old 13th May 2011, 08:28 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
North Carolina
I've currently got a set of the EBC Pro Extreme's on my 07 R1. I've got my first trackday with the bike coming up 5/23 at VIR full course. Turns 1 and 14 are very hard on the brakes, 6th to 2nd gear and 6th to 3rd gear respectively (if I recall correctly). I've run the Vesrah RJL and SRJL pads on the old SV and had that nice eye-popping deceleration with very useable modulation with each set of pads at those turns. I hope to have the same braking ability on the R1, I'll report back...
post #78 of 89 (permalink) Old 16th May 2011, 01:49 PM
Forum whore

♂ United States
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by svINnc View Post
I've currently got a set of the EBC Pro Extreme's on my 07 R1. I've got my first trackday with the bike coming up 5/23 at VIR full course. Turns 1 and 14 are very hard on the brakes, 6th to 2nd gear and 6th to 3rd gear respectively (if I recall correctly). I've run the Vesrah RJL and SRJL pads on the old SV and had that nice eye-popping deceleration with very useable modulation with each set of pads at those turns. I hope to have the same braking ability on the R1, I'll report back...
Turn 1 is AWESOME when the pros race on it, as it's a full hairpin after a 4000+ foot straight. They go from 200+ MPH to around 50 mph in one braking zone. Have fun out there!

Begin... the rest is easy.

2011 GSXR 750, 2007 CBR 600RR (Sold), 2005 SV1000s (Sold)

post #79 of 89 (permalink) Old 1st June 2011, 08:26 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
North Carolina
My speedohealer said I topped out at 175mph on the front stretch. That's leaned over at the kink and then hard on the brakes at the first brake marker for T1. I'm sold on the EBC's! I'd say modulation, feel and overall braking power is somewhere between the RJL's and the SRJL's. Only thing I have left to determine is the pad life. I'm doing VIR north course with Nesba in less than two weeks so they'll be getting another round of abuse, yee-haw!
post #80 of 89 (permalink) Old 1st February 2012, 04:18 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Canada
Ottawa
actually smidt your write up is why i went with the pads, awesome camparison. I'm not to worried about the price, these will most likely last me several years. I still have the stock pads on from new.
post #81 of 89 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2012, 10:16 AM
55,500 miles and counting

♂ United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
Has anyone noticed this...

after the track day i did last year, my front brakes seemed much better, sharper, this lasted a while but they have settled back down to normal again.

Don't think its down to glazed pads normally as I clean up the face of them once or twice a year and it can't be anything to do with the fluid as it was the same before and after.

My new toy. A 2005 Yamaha MT-01 1700cc torque monster.

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!

post #82 of 89 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2012, 10:26 AM
"Kiss my Ass"

♂ England
Hunmanby, North East.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrose View Post

after the track day i did last year, my front brakes seemed much better, sharper, this lasted a while but they have settled back down to normal again.

Don't think its down to glazed pads normally as I clean up the face of them once or twice a year and it can't be anything to do with the fluid as it was the same before and after.
You say you clean the pads off a couple of times a year, what about the discs? they can glaze up as well.

[
post #83 of 89 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2012, 10:52 AM
Forum whore

♂ Slovenia
Maribor, Slovenija
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrose View Post

I suggest you read some or all of these - Pad and Rotor Bed-In Theory, Definitions and Procedures - especially the Removing the Mystery from Brake Pad Bed-In. It describes why bed-in is required for brake pads and rotors and it also explains why this wears off if pads aren't used for what they were designed ('race' vs. 'road' pads).

D.

- Akrapovic bolt-ons
- Desnorkeled
- LSL footpegs for a bit more ground clearance
- home made switchable TRE - not sure if it works though

- steel braided brake hoses
- EBC ProLite front rotors
post #84 of 89 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2012, 11:31 PM
Forum whore

♂ United States
Virginia
Are the Vesrah pads suitable for street use or are they more geared for the track? Would you say they're more suitable for a particular riding style? FYI I'm not a very aggressive rider and the stock pads seem fine. But who knows? I've never tried any other pads.

"Hypocrisy isn't the Republicans' weakness. It's their platform" - Seth Myers
post #85 of 89 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2012, 11:39 PM
I love my SV

♂ United Kingdom
West Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzk321 View Post
Are the Vesrah pads suitable for street use or are they more geared for the track? Would you say they're more suitable for a particular riding style? FYI I'm not a very aggressive rider and the stock pads seem fine. But who knows? I've never tried any other pads.
I so love good pads for street or track... !!!
post #86 of 89 (permalink) Old 4th February 2012, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzk321 View Post
The Vesrah pads have bite. If you do not like snappy initial bite these will likely not be your pads. I have never run the SRJL compound on a street bike personally but the RJL pads do the trick very well on the street. Start trying all the pads you can so you get a feel for what you want.

-MS

post #87 of 89 (permalink) Old 4th February 2012, 03:54 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
North Carolina
I would say the RJL's will provide a significant performance increase over the oem pads on the street. Even if you never really get them up to their optimum temperature they will feel much better than stockers.
post #88 of 89 (permalink) Old 18th February 2020, 04:03 AM
Moped rider

♂ United States
Elk Grove, CA
Iíve looked at this test several times and just ordered Vesrah High Performance Racing Pads. I also was recommended Vesrahs by my riding coach, https://www.superbike-coach.com/

Cheers!

RealShelby / Werks clutch basket mod. It works great!
Flush mount LED indicators.
Dave Moss suspension tuning.
post #89 of 89 (permalink) Old 18th February 2020, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07blacksv1ks View Post
Iíve looked at this test several times and just ordered Vesrah High Performance Racing Pads. I also was recommended Vesrahs by my riding coach, https://www.superbike-coach.com/

Cheers!

Many of our race bikes are now using XX or ZZ Vesrah pads.

But incredibly, several folks still ask me for Performance Friction 95 pads.

It is all in what you want in feel and feedback.
07blacksv1ks likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in