Fork Spring Dimensions - SV1000 Portal
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12th January 2012, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
 ♂ United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Fork Spring Dimensions

Hi,

does anyone know the dimensions of the fork springs in 2003 S model?

Im looking at buying some new springs from this website.

http://www.dfaulknersprings.com/standard_springs.htm

The only other springs i can find are ohlins at £110.

This site sells them at £25 and does them at a weight of 450 lbs, which is right for my weight.
Shadow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12th January 2012, 01:43 PM
Forum whore
 
VT_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
 ♂ United States
Virginia
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Hi,

does anyone know the dimensions of the fork springs in 2003 S model?

Im looking at buying some new springs from this website.

http://www.dfaulknersprings.com/standard_springs.htm

The only other springs i can find are ohlins at £110.

This site sells them at £25 and does them at a weight of 450 lbs, which is right for my weight.
Racetech sells everything related to suspension, including springs... see:

http://racetech.com/ProductSearch/2/...0,%20S/2003-04

Don't know about shipping to Great Britain, but based on the exchange rate, theirs seem cheaper than Ohlins.

Begin... the rest is easy.

2011 GSXR 750, 2007 CBR 600RR (Sold), 2005 SV1000s (Sold)
VT_Tim is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12th January 2012, 01:57 PM
Forum whore
 
VT_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
 ♂ United States
Virginia
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT_Tim View Post
Racetech sells everything related to suspension, including springs... see:

http://racetech.com/ProductSearch/2/...0,%20S/2003-04

Don't know about shipping to Great Britain, but based on the exchange rate, theirs seem cheaper than Ohlins.
Based on their site, it appears the length is 310 mm, OD1 is 40 mm, and OD2 is 38 mm.

http://www.racetech.com/HTML_FILES/F...rkSprings.html

Begin... the rest is easy.

2011 GSXR 750, 2007 CBR 600RR (Sold), 2005 SV1000s (Sold)
VT_Tim is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 13th January 2012, 02:55 AM
Forum whore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
 ♂ United States
SW Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 2,148
Stock springs are only about 30mm inside with the ends necked down to 25mm or so. OAL in inches mine are 10.25.....from a K7S model.
RecoilRob is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th October 2020, 02:39 PM
JPB
L-Plate Rider
 
JPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
 ♂ Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Posts: 12
Garage
Sorry to revive a very old thread but I'm sort of looking for European equivalent to Race tech or Sonic Springs so I was checking out K-tech and they seem to have a lot of different fork springs. So I'm wondering does anyone know the following?
1. How long is the stock spring(K3 SV1000S)? - K-tech have various options from 250mm to 285mm.
2. What is it`s inner diameter? - K-tech have options with 24 inside diameter.
3. What is it`s outer diameter? - K tech have 38 mm outside diameter .

Thank you very much.

Best regars,
JPB is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2020, 06:01 AM
Disturbed, very...
 
Missing Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
 ♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Posts: 1,137
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB View Post
Sorry to revive a very old thread but I'm sort of looking for European equivalent to Race tech or Sonic Springs so I was checking out K-tech and they seem to have a lot of different fork springs. So I'm wondering does anyone know the following?
1. How long is the stock spring(K3 SV1000S)? - K-tech have various options from 250mm to 285mm.
2. What is it`s inner diameter? - K-tech have options with 24 inside diameter.
3. What is it`s outer diameter? - K tech have 38 mm outside diameter .

Thank you very much.

Best regars,
The minimum service length of the spring is 290mm on the bench..... dont know the inside diameter or the outside, but, compare them to the Race Tech
recommendations, because they are correct for sure.......
The overall lengthe of the spring when it is installed in the leg is important thing..... look up relaxed versus actual preload settings on the Race Tech site

One owner..... 311,000kms and counting...

2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...
Missing Link is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th November 2020, 10:09 AM
JPB
L-Plate Rider
 
JPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
 ♂ Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Posts: 12
Garage
Anyone used Mupo straight rate springs?
Race tech ones will cost me an arm and a leg...to ship, so I'm considering only European options right now.

Thanks.
JPB is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th November 2020, 11:38 PM
KNEE DRAGGER
 
schmidt314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
 ♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Posts: 5,043
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB View Post
Anyone used Mupo straight rate springs?

Race tech ones will cost me an arm and a leg...to ship, so I'm considering only European options right now.



Thanks.


What about Sonic?
-ms


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
schmidt314 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10th November 2020, 09:13 AM
JPB
L-Plate Rider
 
JPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
 ♂ Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Posts: 12
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt314 View Post
What about Sonic?
-ms
i've sent them an email, they never answered.
I suppose shipping the damn springs to my location will make them comparable in price to the race techs..

Best regards,
JPB is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10th November 2020, 11:19 PM
Disturbed, very...
 
Missing Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
 ♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Posts: 1,137
Garage
$105 USD for the Sonic ones ...see this link

SV1000, Sonic Springs

.

One owner..... 311,000kms and counting...

2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...
Missing Link is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11th November 2020, 09:49 AM
JPB
L-Plate Rider
 
JPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
 ♂ Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Posts: 12
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing Link View Post
$105 USD for the Sonic ones ...see this link

SV1000, Sonic Springs

.

As I've written in a previous post , I'm based in Europe - shipping is making those springs twice as expensive as they should be. I'm going to ship from the states only if I don`t have any other option.

Best regards,
JPB is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12th November 2020, 09:38 PM
Disturbed, very...
 
Missing Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
 ♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Posts: 1,137
Garage
Shipping costs have gone through the roof over the last few years..... thought about it a bit, and the best idea i can come up with is that trade agreements have deliberately forced them up to
make people buy within their own countries as much as possible....

Only reason Chinese crap is cheap is because, one, the commies are subsidising it, and two, they ship huge crates of stuff to a central location and then post it locally.....

One owner..... 311,000kms and counting...

2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...
Missing Link is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome