Setting cam lobe centers without adjustable gear sets - Page 4 - SV1000 Portal
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 9th January 2019, 01:58 PM
Moped rider

♂ Afghanistan
Anyone who can send me the pdf file? Or further instructions? Some photos?? My email is [email protected] .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 9th January 2019, 03:37 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Alameda, CA
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paekeajiab View Post
Anyone who can send me the pdf file? Or further instructions? Some photos?? My email is [email protected] .
Can you not download the attachment in the first post? I just clicked it and it downloaded.
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 9th January 2019, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:

I can send once at my laptop later today.
-ms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 9th January 2019, 10:28 PM
Moped rider

♂ Afghanistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt314 View Post
Quote:

I can send once at my laptop later today.
-ms
Thank you!!!
If I am not wrong the only thing we have to do is to take away the cams and then move one teeth the idler shaft gear from the chaincam side.... and then put the cams back as the stock marks shows us..
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 10th January 2019, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Thank you!!!
If I am not wrong the only thing we have to do is to take away the cams and then move one teeth the idler shaft gear from the chaincam side.... and then put the cams back as the stock marks shows us..

That depends on what you measure your initial lobe centers to be.

-ms

post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 21st July 2019, 08:20 PM
Moped rider

Quote:
I have been using a technique for several years now to reset the camshaft lobe centers on SV1000, TL1000, and DL1000 without using the expensive adjustable gear sets for low budget engine builds. It has taken me for ever to finally get a complete write up finished, but I think I have a pretty solid first draft that describes the technique and how to apply it to an SV1000.

I have attached the write up, but I am not able to attach the Excel sheet that does all the calculations for you. If you are interested in having a copy of the Excel sheet, please PM me your email address and I will send a copy.

Please note this my first complete draft, so if you see any issues with it please let me know and I can make edits to it if needed.

This is a simple method of unlocking more power in your motor.

Cheers
-MS

Michael,

Would you be so kind and please email this info to me? I'd love to do this while I've still got the engine apart. I just removed the clutch basket to send to Terry at Werks on TX.
post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2019, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAst8ofMind View Post
Michael,

Would you be so kind and please email this info to me? I'd love to do this while I've still got the engine apart. I just removed the clutch basket to send to Terry at Werks on TX.

Please send an email to schmidt314 @ g m a a i l dot com.

-ms

post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2019, 03:43 AM
Moped rider

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAst8ofMind View Post
Michael,

Please send an email to schmidt314 @ g m a a i l dot com.

-ms
Thank you sir. Hopefully one day I can actually contribute to this forum. I've been here a while but I don't have many genius ideas lol.
post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 26th August 2020, 08:18 AM
L-Plate Rider

Hello coz
How many teeth did you end up advancing / retarding idler sprocket on front and rear cylinder?
regards Kristian from Denmark
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 27th August 2020, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumjum View Post
Hello coz

How many teeth did you end up advancing / retarding idler sprocket on front and rear cylinder?

Please measure your current cam timing. There is bike to bike variation.

-ms

post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 27th August 2020, 07:29 AM
coz
Highway Biker

♂ Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumjum View Post
Hello coz
Like Schmidt says, measure measure measure. Cannot remember now but mine wasn't the standard/frequent one. If you've never done this before set aside a full week
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 10th October 2020, 12:59 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Spain
Spain
An excellent trick, thank you very much for sharing
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 6th November 2020, 06:48 PM
L-Plate Rider

I measured the front cylinder cams and got 107.5 on intake and 101 on exhaust. Seems like advancing/retarding might not be necessary??
I have milled 0,5mm off the cylinders to get better squish. Maybe this altered the cam timing a bit. This mod and small porting cleanup made bike make 111rwhp with stock exhaust, so i am pretty happy with that number. Do you know if going from 52mm TB to 54mm makes any power difference? I bought a set of 54mm TB cheap on ebay

regards Kristian

Tags
cams, camshaft, center, lobe, timing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in