Samco silicone hoses installed and slightly kinked? - SV1000 Portal
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flatlander

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
Samco silicone hoses installed and slightly kinked?

I installed a set of Samco SUZ-33 hoses with Samco clamps and got a slight kink in the hose from thermostat to front cylinder hose.

I had to shorten both thermostat hoses to each cylinder since the hoses were not pre-bent enough for the location and were impossible to fit without kinking. Now after trimming the rear cylinder is fine but the front has a slight bend to it, though not enough to substantially limit flow. Considering ordering oem rubber hoses for these 2 short hoses and keeping the rest silicone.

Is this normal or an issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Samco_rearCyl.jpg (502.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Samco_frontCyl.jpg (513.4 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2019, 07:25 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
I installed a set of Samco SUZ-33 hoses with Samco clamps and got a slight kink in the hose from thermostat to front cylinder hose.

I had to shorten both thermostat hoses to each cylinder since the hoses were not pre-bent enough for the location and were impossible to fit without kinking. Now after trimming the rear cylinder is fine but the front has a slight bend to it, though not enough to substantially limit flow. Considering ordering oem rubber hoses for these 2 short hoses and keeping the rest silicone.

Is this normal or an issue?

Totally normal to have to trim a tiny bit in my experience with the SV650 and SV1000 hose kits.
-ms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th July 2019, 02:35 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
That little bend will be fine....

When you installed the hose, did the "long" side of the hose (outer bend) try to pull itself back of the thermostat or the other end ? If so, that woul indicate that it is too short, if not, then, start the bike, get it up to temp and go for a ride, and all will be well grasshopper....

I might no' be a smart man Jenny....but i can pain' ma copper colored bike a dif'ren color.....
2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...
One owner..... 288,000kms and counting...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th July 2019, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
Bike seems fine after a day of riding. And hose has not changed, maybe slightly less bent now (according to a look through the frame with my helmet on at a traffic light). Issue is the hose is not pre-bent enough for this space. I'll inspect again this morning but am comfortable using them. Went on pretty easy and got the thermostat out between the throttle bodies and frame (so I didn't have to remove the throttle bodies).
Missing Link likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th July 2019, 03:46 PM
Scooter boy

♂ United States
Enterprise, Al, USA
You did fine. Itíll be fine. Sometime silicone hoses weep a bit, but heat cycles usually clear that up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in