SV Portal Forums banner

Power commander v problem fi

7K views 24 replies 3 participants last post by  Missing Link 
#1 ·
I have an sv 1000 2004 model.
I have a power commander v on it. Today morning when I tried to start it the fi light became on! It turns on for a few seconds and then dies.. As I see the problem is c 24 c 25 and c 32! I disconnected the power commander and now everything is ok... so the problem Is with power commander... I have it 2 years.. is it for rubbish? ?

#3 ·
C24 or C25 is Ignition System Malfunction
C32 ( or C33 ) is Fuel Injector Circuit Malfunction

If it was one, or the other malfunction, i would say that it was NOT the PC V...

But, because it is Injection AND Ignition, i woul guess that the PC has died somehow....

Have you disconnected the power to the PC from the battery ( leaving the harness connected ) and see if the same thing happens ?

Maybe disconnecting the power from the PC for a few minutes and then reconnecting it to see if it is a minor fault that might clear out ? (not very likely, but worth a try)

Have you connected the PC to a computer to see if the mapping is still loaded ?

#4 ·
I have connected to pc and the map is still there. I had the autotune connected with power commander.. I disconnected the autotune to sell it.. and then when I try to start it appeared the problem... I will leave the bike without power commander and I will install it and try again in a few days

#6 ·
It would not surprise me if the PCV unit is bad. I have had a bunch of failures on these units unfortunately.

Where did you pull power to run the AutoTune box? Make absolutely sure the power can supply the right current level as not to droop voltage to the sensor. This can cause some messed running.

Make sure all plugs/power/grounds are good.

If still bad, unplug the unit from the bike completely. If it runs as expected call DynoJet service and they can get the unit repaired most likely and ship it back to you.

-ms

#9 ·
Dynojet answered this:

* A problem description such as yours would usually indicate a major PC5 hardware malfunction (such as a completely inoperable circuit board) or a critical defect in the PC5's installation (such as a loose connection or a poor ground).

You should also have triggered C33 for injector circuit #2 if the PC5 were not working *

#11 ·
Direct write ECU mapping is a really good option. Even if it is just fuel mapping (no ignition). Even simple mapping with a TEKA box is very effective, especially on stock internals engines.

-ms

#15 ·
I wouldn't say mine is perfect...the buttons haven't worked for a long time....not that they were that useful anyway

in my opinion.....

Might ask on price here for the PC5, cause one day...you know, i might need one...

The ignition timing capability is nice on the PCV units.
-ms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.