SV Portal Forums banner

GSXR Exhaust the same?

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Missing Link 
#1 ·
So I laid my K5 down a year and a half ago and I want to replace the scraped up muffler. When I finally got around to getting everything rounded up, I found out Danmoto closed shop and I couldn't find a replacement. I found one on eBay that says it fits up to an 05 GSXR 600. Does anyone know if they swap?? By the pictures that are posted it looks right, but I don't know for sure and the seller won't give me dimensions...

#2 ·
You laid a K5 SV1000 down ?

If so, no, the GSXR can isn't going to go, not without at least some sort of bodged up mounting bracket.... the mount tab is in a different place
Also, not sure that the stud pattern is the same centre to centre .......
The gasket is the same part number.....which points to it MAYBE being the same bolt pattern.....but no certainty....

Orginal cans are getting hard to come by.......

#5 ·
Yes, what I'm wondering is does anyone know if the can might be the same length and if the bolt pattern would be the same. I have DanMoto JISU aftermarkets on the bike currently. The pictures that are posted on eBay make it look similar in mounting design but I just can't tell for sure.

#8 ·
That would be a bit on the wild side for my hopes and dreams for this bike. I like that the bike is mostly stock, very little done to it by previous owners and in my opinion done very tastefully. If I got desperate I might have done that, but no need to now that I found a replacement. It was NOS to boot, so I'm pretty excited!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.