post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 30th March 2019, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
PEZ
N of Atlanta

♂ United States
N Georgia
Back Again

Resurrected for yer another season!
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7855/...30d05d9e_o.jpg

God, I hate the way this forum handles images.
oldbaldsob, Longhair and gphilos like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Smart TRE, Watsen Design front signals,
undertail, TL shift lever, Vesrah HH pads, suzuki hugger, seat cowl + Jesters
, Oberon bits, Chewy's PAIR removal kit, can anglers and mirror spacers,
, MRA Vario, PCIII, carbon stick-ons,
, bling bits...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 31st March 2019, 09:02 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
Ohhhh....thats what mine used to look like.....until i painted it... HA HA

That's still pretty damn close to how she was born (excusing the 2 into 1)....nice...

I might no' be a smart man Jenny....but i can pain' ma copper colored bike a dif'ren color.....
2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...
One owner..... 290,000kms and counting...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 31st March 2019, 01:31 PM
Bike curious

♂ United States
Springfield, MOFO
Garage
Cool pic Dave! Your bike looks new!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 1st April 2019, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
PEZ
N of Atlanta

♂ United States
N Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing Link View Post
Ohhhh....thats what mine used to look like.....until i painted it... HA HA

That's still pretty damn close to how she was born (excusing the 2 into 1)....nice...
And the Renthal bars? There are very few Copper SV 1k's left in the wild due to attrition- one of many reasons I keep mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbaldsob View Post
Cool pic Dave! Your bike looks new!
Thanks- I make a selfie with it every Spring, lol. Still runs great, I rode it over the mountain and ran errands this weekend- felt good! Had to break in those new Contis...

, bling bits...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 1st April 2019, 10:16 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
I painted mine about Christmas 2017.... needed to replace the front fairing and screen and a few things as i had a sheet of what you guys call dry-wall flung up at me of the road.... 2400 x 1200mm (i will let you figure that one) just like a damn wall in front of me and nowhere to go....so i tucked my head tight against my shoulders, shut my eyes incase my visor broke, and rode through it..... Damn, it was hard.....

So, now its a very dark grey/black called Petroleum Mica....

I too have had mine since new......she's a good old girl, and it still goes like stink....

I didn't actually notice the bars....no i don't have that on mine.... ha ha
I was too busy admiring your manly pose....
PEZ likes this.

I might no' be a smart man Jenny....but i can pain' ma copper colored bike a dif'ren color.....
2003 Copper SV1000S
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2019, 01:28 AM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
Virginia
Do the mirror extension on your bike work very well? I just picked up an 03 and I can only see my elbows.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12th April 2019, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
PEZ
N of Atlanta

♂ United States
N Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing Link View Post
I painted mine about Christmas 2017.... needed to replace the front fairing and screen and a few things as i had a sheet of what you guys call dry-wall flung up at me of the road.... 2400 x 1200mm (i will let you figure that one) just like a damn wall in front of me and nowhere to go....so i tucked my head tight against my shoulders, shut my eyes incase my visor broke, and rode through it..... Damn, it was hard.....

So, now its a very dark grey/black called Petroleum Mica....

I too have had mine since new......she's a good old girl, and it still goes like stink....

I didn't actually notice the bars....no i don't have that on mine.... ha ha
I was too busy admiring your manly pose....
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Hytinen View Post
Do the mirror extension on your bike work very well? I just picked up an 03 and I can only see my elbows.
They are better than no extensions at all. Different mirrors or bar ends would work better.

, bling bits...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 13th April 2019, 06:15 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
People were putting the Chewy's mirror extension blocks/spacers on.... i never like the look myself....

I am about 99% certain that mid noughties Bandit mirrors are exactly the same angle for the arm and they are about 1-1/4" longer....

Not the cheapest way out, but, the bike will still be original looking at the fairing end

2003 Copper SV1000S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in