Track Days - Information and Advice - Page 5 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #61 of 127 (permalink) Old 20th September 2005, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Back for a bit.

♂ England
Buckhurst Hill
That's what I said diddle I?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
....and PROUD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 127 (permalink) Old 28th September 2005, 12:08 PM

Hi folks--Newbee in this forum so please forgive me if I'm telling gramma to suck eggs.
Over here for a TRACKDAY it costs $90 kiwi- Thats $45 us and about thirty quid.
safety standards vary from pay ya money take ya chances gear and bike wise. Through to a full scrutineering (tech).
Normal track day rules here are . Tape up headlight,mirrors,sharp bits,2 piece leathers or good cudura gear.
Sounds like disaster waiting to happen but accidents are really rare -people ride within their abilities
post #63 of 127 (permalink) Old 28th September 2005, 12:18 PM
<- Oakley

♂ England
Devon, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FROSTY
Hi folks--Newbee in this forum so please forgive me if I'm telling gramma to suck eggs.
safety standards vary from pay ya money take ya chances gear and bike wise. Through to a full scrutineering (tech).
Normal track day rules here are . Tape up headlight,mirrors,sharp bits,2 piece leathers or good cudura gear.
Sounds like disaster waiting to happen but accidents are really rare -people ride within their abilities
30 quid??!! When's the next flight?? :supsmiley Welcome to the forum Frosty. Are there many tracks in NZ?

Hello Dave
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #64 of 127 (permalink) Old 28th September 2005, 12:19 PM
Summer is on its way....

♂ England
Coventry
Quote:
Damn thats cheap. Welcome to the site and enjoy the reading, there is loads of useful stuff about.

Yippee kiyah Mo Fo

TRE, Tinted Double bubble screen, 42T rear sprocket, stainless cans, pipercross filter with airbox top removed, R&G crash bungs, rear hugger, Tail Tidy. 113bhp & 75ft-lb torque Died 22/04/06 May she rest in peace...
post #65 of 127 (permalink) Old 28th September 2005, 12:57 PM

Thanks guys. YEP cheap is right.
Actually um -I race bikes over here. in a country same size as britain and ireland we have only 4 million people and ride all year round.
Tracks wise we have 3 permanant tracks in the north island as well as 2 road race events and the same in the south island.
To make you guys really ill. To get a race licence costs $130 kiwi and a club level race event costs $75 Kiwi for 3-4 races.
Guys come on over--Im organising a trackday for another forum--www.kiwibiker.co.nz in the middle of our summer--dec 12
Cost per person including lunch is $60 kiwi
post #66 of 127 (permalink) Old 28th September 2005, 01:00 PM
Summer is on its way....

♂ England
Coventry
Quote:
Thanks guys. YEP cheap is right.
Actually um -I race bikes over here. in a country same size as britain and ireland we have only 4 million people and ride all year round.
Tracks wise we have 3 permanant tracks in the north island as well as 2 road race events and the same in the south island.
To make you guys really ill. To get a race licence costs $130 kiwi and a club level race event costs $75 Kiwi for 3-4 races.
Guys come on over--Im organising a trackday for another forum--www.kiwibiker.co.nz in the middle of our summer--dec 12
Cost per person including lunch is $60 kiwi
And $10 for a bike for the week?????????

Yippee kiyah Mo Fo

TRE, Tinted Double bubble screen, 42T rear sprocket, stainless cans, pipercross filter with airbox top removed, R&G crash bungs, rear hugger, Tail Tidy. 113bhp & 75ft-lb torque Died 22/04/06 May she rest in peace...
post #67 of 127 (permalink) Old 28th September 2005, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshadysv1000
And $10 for a bike for the week?????????
good try ol son. Bike hire I think is around $70 a day
But once you're here ya wont wanna go home. :supsmiley
post #68 of 127 (permalink) Old 28th September 2005, 01:26 PM
<- Oakley

♂ England
Devon, UK
Quote:
good try ol son. Bike hire I think is around $70 a day
But once you're here ya wont wanna go home. :supsmiley
Damn right!! I was in NZ for a couple of weeks in May 2002 - FANTASTIC place :supsmiley That trackday in December almost sounds worth the £500 air fare - especially as it'll be really wet and miserable here!!

Hello Dave
post #69 of 127 (permalink) Old 28th September 2005, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oomidamon
Damn right!! I was in NZ for a couple of weeks in May 2002 - FANTASTIC place :supsmiley That trackday in December almost sounds worth the £500 air fare - especially as it'll be really wet and miserable here!!
well mate if ya keen pull ya finger out
post #70 of 127 (permalink) Old 28th September 2005, 01:42 PM
<- Oakley

♂ England
Devon, UK
Quote:
well mate if ya keen pull ya finger out
I'd love to do it but not enough cash at the mo just make us all really jealous and post some pics of the day!

Hello Dave
post #71 of 127 (permalink) Old 28th September 2005, 01:55 PM

will do.Its gonna be fantastic.
post #72 of 127 (permalink) Old 12th October 2005, 08:17 PM
Big bikers bounce better

♂ United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
I was looking at doing a Jamie Whitham Track Attack day at donnington would anyone from the site be interested possible in 2006 now as the weather wont be up to much from now till after Christmas . I was chatting to a chap at Skegness last weekend he told me the Whitham track Attack is normally £195 but if you just turn up and when someone crashes you can take their place for only £60
post #73 of 127 (permalink) Old 10th February 2006, 04:17 AM
Fair weather rider

♂ Australia
Tampa, FL
First Track Day

Well, after 20-odd years of riding, it's time. Time for my first track day!

Tim, your track day advice posts are now residing in a nicely formatted Word file that I will print and study with renewed interest!

Cheers mate,
Jim

Keep the shiny side UP!
post #74 of 127 (permalink) Old 27th July 2006, 01:59 AM
XLR8

♂ United States
The Tundra
TRACK TIPS....

in the August 2006 issue of Motorcyclist Mitch "the Butcher" Boehm ran the Kevin Schwantz track School at Road Atlanta. Great pointers through out.
Here is a scan of 32 tips they teach, most of which can be applied to back road, street riding too. I was trying the "weight the inside peg till the apex then weight the outside peg through the exit" today. It felt quite right.
Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Track Tips.jpg (341.9 KB, 56 views)

When my time has come, I prefer to be in the Saddle rather than the Recliner.

SV1000 FAQ pages and more -
post #75 of 127 (permalink) Old 27th July 2006, 03:13 AM
SV Dragon Rider

United States
Trying hard NOT to kill myself
great tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in