NITROUS SV Sprint Bike - Page 3 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #31 of 97 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Hardtail Racer

♂ England
Locks Heath, Southampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT_Tim View Post
You have to pass an annual inspection for a non-road-legal bike every year?
Er yes & no - the point of the first pic was that it's road legal (ish) & my friendly MOT man has given it a ticket that last's till next Nov
Which means I can remove/add what I like as long as it still complies with construction of use regs - so no lights (except brake & horn) is OK for daylight use - strait thro 4" pipe with "baffle" is OK & NOS + airshift is legal anyway
A pure racebike don't need an MOT but having one is advantageous as all the mods I make can be roadtested up till next Nov - subject insurance (cosmetic mods only )
Basically it's fiddling the system

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If it's too LOUD you're too old
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 97 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2010, 09:02 PM
Forum whore

♂ United States
Virginia
Gotcha... so it's cheaper to do your testing on the roads rather than buying track time to do so?
________
Buy bubblers
post #33 of 97 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Hardtail Racer

♂ England
Locks Heath, Southampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT_Tim View Post
Gotcha... so it's cheaper to do your testing on the roads rather than buying track time to do so?
Correct - nice 3/4 mile slip road off the motorway is a good testing strip - needs a fly by to check it out first tho - almost got caught once
Round trip is 5 miles - £1
Track testing is about £50 a day + transporting bike at £80 round trip

post #34 of 97 (permalink) Old 24th October 2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Hardtail Racer

♂ England
Locks Heath, Southampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete59 View Post
Tomorrow is pipes, rad, pegs & other bracketry off & templates made up for locating all the NOS & Airshift etc + set ride height two inch lower before swingarm comes out for surgery
Did all above + airbox off, pair removal job & also a headlight swap with the SV trike (exhaust system came off really easy)

Now the problems - it's quite apparent there's not enough accessible inlet tract to tap the NOS/Fuel fogger nozzles into, so options are;
1) tap & bolt nozzles thro rubber throttle body mounts - huge risk of self cremation
2) make up ally spacers (thick enough to tap nozzles thro - 30mm?) between rubber mounts & inlet tract - sounds easy except relative geometry of throttle bodies means making new brackets/linkages etc (very tight on some clearances)
3) bin the fuel injection & run a big downdraught carburetter - more I think about it the more appealing this option is (most expensive tho)

Sorted the pegs - everything stays as is - airshifter mounts off frame above swingarm pivot strait onto lever & I'll mount another set of pegs further back where normal SV rear spindle locates - gonna use a spare pair of SV clipons suitably cut & welded under the swingarm

Radiator is proving an absolute pain in the ass - gonna chop up my cheapie spare till I get sparkplug access required, then contact SERCK as to what they can make up for me from the resultant pattern

Just to make life more difficult I've been challenged to enter Superstreet class next year as well as Racing class - so I'll have to include lights in the design

Any one know of some foolproof money generating scams

post #35 of 97 (permalink) Old 24th October 2010, 08:30 PM
Just Magnificent.

♂ England
Forest of Dean
Yeah it's called government and they have this scam called tax.
Sell a kidney and shave some weight for your sprints.

rvberbvbjb!
post #36 of 97 (permalink) Old 24th October 2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Hardtail Racer

♂ England
Locks Heath, Southampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjames View Post
Yeah it's called government and they have this scam called tax.
Sell a kidney and shave some weight for your sprints.
Hi Jon
Given the amount my kidney's have to deal with - NO chance
P'haps a govt quango is on the cards
Any thoughts re your turbo - I'd be gentle with it
Cheers Pete

post #37 of 97 (permalink) Old 24th October 2010, 09:28 PM
Oh boy...

♂ United States
Melbourne, FL
Thumbs up

Very cool, will be checking in on you progress!

Saugen Sie meine Bšlle!!!
post #38 of 97 (permalink) Old 26th October 2010, 01:19 PM
"Kiss my Ass"

♂ England
Hunmanby, North East.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete59 View Post
Well, I've won this seasons NSA Road Legal 1000cc Championship still 3 rounds to go but can't be beaten

Next year i'm moving up to 1000cc Racing - 9.3s is the record to beat, but a 9.6s would do the job for 2011
NOS is the way forward - but a few mods need doing as well

PLAN OF ACTION

Late October:
1) strip bike of all lighting systems & switchgear
2) remove complete exhaust system
3) remove and fabricate plates to relocate footrests 9 inches further back just below swingarm

November
1) fabricate plates for lengthened swingarm to strengthen it & accomodate MRE airshifter bottle
2) adjustable strut rear dog links & fabricate/weld adjustable struts from swingarm to subframe
3) lower back end for 2" clearance to undertray
4) fabricate plates/linkages & fit MRE airshifter & 8mm linkage
5) fabricate mount for rear brake master cylinder/reservoir
6) fabricate NOS 2 1/2 lb bottle holder
7) fabricate NOS N2O & Fuel Solenoid brackets (+ poss additional fuel regulator)
8) fabricate underseat plate for PC3, Launch Controller & Dynatech Magic box of tricks

December
1) Bike to NRP, Newark for full race 2 into 1 Sidemount exhaust - strait thro 2" headers into a 4" + mega - earpopping loud
2) Dyno bike - hope to get 115 REAL bhp at the wheel
3) Fit NOS kit - initial jetting for + 22bhp - DYNO bike
4) If 3) OK then rejet for + 34bhp - DYNO bike
5) Fit Dynatech shift light (rpm depends on 4)
6) Fit launch control (rpm depends on 4)
7) Full DYNO day to set up launch control, shift light & airshifter whilst on NOS
8) Poss fit Dyna tech Box of tricks to overcome any probs encountered & allow ignition timing adjustments

Jan, Feb, Mar 2011
Doing all the above + more to make it work

April 2011
SCR shakedown - if it don't do 9.8 it's getting torched

That's the Plan - keep you updated
Pete, i think its great that you have done this and what you have planned for the future.
However, do you think you could beat this........Scooter?

[
post #39 of 97 (permalink) Old 26th October 2010, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Hardtail Racer

♂ England
Locks Heath, Southampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbarcon View Post
Pete, i think its great that you have done this and what you have planned for the future.
However, do you think you could beat this........Scooter?
I reckon much quicker than seventy would result in permenant use of a mobility scooter

post #40 of 97 (permalink) Old 29th October 2010, 09:43 PM
The Child..willied...

♀ England
South Yorks
Completely late, but well done Pete, awesome stuff- bikes changed a bit since i last saw it!!!

Yeah, so I like it from behind..............
Tracy

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "
Frank Sinatra
post #41 of 97 (permalink) Old 31st October 2010, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Hardtail Racer

♂ England
Locks Heath, Southampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracypillion View Post
Completely late, but well done Pete, awesome stuff- bikes changed a bit since i last saw it!!!
Thanks Tracy - it's gonna change big time for next year

Day job has prevented much progress but today my mate Barry & me sussed out the way forward - prior to dropping the motor & swingarm tomorrow.

Decision made to machine 30mm spacers to fit between inlet tracts & rubber throttle body mounts, into which NOS/Fuel fogger nozzles will be tapped. New adjustable linkages & mounts for throttle bodies require fabricating.

We'll also ditch the thermostat housing for better access & are looking at completely binning the secondary throttle valves & all associated gizmos. - again for better access to enable NOS/Fuel jet changes at meets also we'll machine up some big velocity stacks in lieu of an airbox. A bit of tinkering with the engine management sensor system will be required

Rad (minus fan) will be cut & shut to half it's depth (expansion bottle relocated outside frame) & oil cooler ditched & breather tube into a can - after all it's only gonna run on full beans for a five sec burnout & 9 sec run

So that should keep us busy next month while swingarm is away for some surgery - a spare pair of clipons will be welded on as footrests

and it'll still be street legal as a 7 inch GSX headlight will adorn the front

Attached a photo of Barry & his Kwak 1100 turbo / nos - does 9.3s 1/4 miles - buggers going up to 1400cc next year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bazza.jpg (88.7 KB, 44 views)

post #42 of 97 (permalink) Old 31st October 2010, 10:10 PM
Just Magnificent.

♂ England
Forest of Dean
My turbo is still for sale. If you are willing to strip the motor and mill 1mm off the piston crowns you could run 20lbs. You know you want it...

rvberbvbjb!
post #43 of 97 (permalink) Old 31st October 2010, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Hardtail Racer

♂ England
Locks Heath, Southampton
So why aren't you lending it to me for technical improvement

Honestly I can't afford to take it on as well as do my NOS job - gotta focus on the project in hand

post #44 of 97 (permalink) Old 1st November 2010, 12:10 AM
Just Magnificent.

♂ England
Forest of Dean
I so wish I could Pete. I'm off to Oz and NZ in a few weeks and need beer money for my christmas binge.

rvberbvbjb!
post #45 of 97 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2010, 11:37 AM
55,500 miles and counting

♂ United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjames View Post
I so wish I could Pete. I'm off to Oz and NZ in a few weeks and need beer money for my christmas binge.
would the turbo fit my wifes new toy ? an 1800 MG.

My new toy. A 2005 Yamaha MT-01 1700cc torque monster.

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in