SV Portal Forums banner

No Problem RaceWay - Bella Rosa, LA

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Bayouboy 
#1 ·
There's a small track out on the bayou about 40 miles from me. Today they were having MC races so i went down and took a few pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Do the run offs include alligator hazards? No really...all I can say is MORE TRACKS!! Get on it Bayou! I watched a friend of mine race this weekend. He is 100% hooked. And I have another former riding bud who's 67 and races an SV650. Doesn't ride on the street much anymore....just hits the west coast tracks. Nice way to stay young. (w00t) :banana:

#8 ·
Looks more like a track day as opposed to racing. To be honest, it doesn't look like there are too many riders. That is a GOOD thing! On our track days there are often too many riders. BTW, we got snow just SW of here yesterday.... so we won't be riding for a while yet.

Attachments

#9 ·
Metastable said:
Looks more like a track day as opposed to racing. To be honest, it doesn't look like there are too many riders. That is a GOOD thing! On our track days there are often too many riders. BTW, we got snow just SW of here yesterday.... so we won't be riding for a while yet.
You're right about that, there were not that many racers there. This is the second MC race I went to here and last time there were about 4 times as many participants. I'm wondering if the races in north Florida that JBall posted on attracted many of the riders who came here last time. If the races were on back-back weekends it may have been too soon for some of them?

#10 ·
I wa at Talladega this weekend watching a friend race and riding the mountians in the area. What a blast I had. I don't know how many racers were there but it was a WERA race weekend. If I had to guess I would say 200 or more. Here are a few pics of T-Bone racing and the guy's I rode with.

Attachments

#15 ·
Looks like you mighta been on 281 through Mt. Cheaha State park. We used to camp on the mountain for the races at Talladega years ago. I think it was in the '70's. There's some real nice ridin' in those parts. I'll be up there for the Barber races in mid-May.

#16 ·
Metastable said:
That's awesome..... did you do that at the track, or the groovy back roads? Where is Talladega anyway? What state is it in? I had no idea they had a road course.

I did that on the back roads. Up in Mt Cheaha as jrl guessed. What an awesome road. Don't believe I've ever been on a grippier surface.

How'd you like the pic of the all green ZX-10R? The guy painted that himself. And fellas, there is a bike with worst mirrors than the SV. The ZX-10R has the most useless piece of plastic and glass you'll ever find. Even riding directly behind the guy I still couldn't see his mirrors. Other than that, what a fine ass bike.

Special Thank You goes out to T-Bone Racing for hosting me this weekend. You guy's are top notch :niceone: :beer:

#18 ·
Metastable said:
You got to ride the 10R eh? Wild. I guess you don't need good mirrors on that bike. :lol:

No, I didn't get to ride the 10R :disapint: Sorry, didn't mean to give that impression. I did get to ride the new R1 today though. :) At first, I was really dissapointed with the bike power wise. I mean, I keep shifting gears and it seamed I had no power and the motor was really screaming. Below 5 grand there was just nothing. Then the road opened up alittle and I brought it up in the rpm's some more. At 6 grand the engine tone changed and at 7 grand it was OH MY GOD!!! . I didn't go much further than that. That damn bike is fast and light and handles like stink. Still, I much more like the way the SV delivers power. For me, it's easier to ride and put's down the power at any rpm.

And oh yeah, sorry I hijacked your thread Bayouboy. :beer: :beer: I owe you a couple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.