SV1000N Drag Bike - Page 15 - SV1000 Portal
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #211 of 222 (permalink) Old 8th July 2017, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Weekend cruiser

♂ United States
Thoughts on the day.

Bike had mostly the same setup as last time but a couple small changes. Clear windscreen lets me see down the track better when fully tucked in. Air box back on instead of the pod filters. Pair block off plates on instead of a evac system. Stock seat instead of my low cut seat which had a broken tab.

Bike launch well and felt great. I got a few 1.6 60ft times which is an improvement for me but I would still like to get down to 1.5 and maybe even 1.4. No major issues with wheelie or tire spin. MPH is up about .5 mph from last time I believe.

Plans for next time.

-Get the low cut seat fixed and back on.
-Change gearing to 16-42 and run through 5 gears instead of 4

This coming winter will be fuel cell and ram air
D.T. and GingerWeasel like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 222 (permalink) Old 11th July 2017, 11:23 AM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
Made it to the track Sunday on the Vstrom. I ran 12.24 @ 105 a few years ago.

Started out OK got down to 12.41 seconds. I removed the secondary flies since last time. Removed the windshield this time too and went back to stock gearing. Not doing well so I got .7 gallons of VP110 race fuel.

Times got even worse. I think the VP fuel messed up my O2 sensor and I lost HP. Wheelies were a problem also.

So I put the sec flies back in yesterday. I was hitting the rev limiter in 4th right before the finish line too so need to go to a 16T CS sprocket. Strap the front too.
post #213 of 222 (permalink) Old 11th July 2017, 02:47 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Made it to the track Sunday on the Vstrom. I ran 12.24 @ 105 a few years ago.

Started out OK got down to 12.41 seconds. I removed the secondary flies since last time. Removed the windshield this time too and went back to stock gearing. Not doing well so I got .7 gallons of VP110 race fuel.

Times got even worse. I think the VP fuel messed up my O2 sensor and I lost HP. Wheelies were a problem also.

So I put the sec flies back in yesterday. I was hitting the rev limiter in 4th right before the finish line too so need to go to a 16T CS sprocket. Strap the front too.

If you have not mapped the bike for VP110, don't run it. It will likely slow you down. High octane non oxygenated fuel running in a low compression engine will not do any good. If you are looking at running a fuel to get more power for that engine MR12 is the fuel. But again, it needs to be mapped to use it.

-ms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #214 of 222 (permalink) Old 11th July 2017, 06:40 PM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
A couple of dudes with newer Kawasaki 636 and CBR 1000 were using the MR 12. $150 for a 5 gallon pail though.

I did get a rear DL K7 cylinder that was iron lined and sent it to the local dealer with a JE +2mm SV piston to be bored though ($57). Looks like the iron lined cylinder will work. Cheaper than the $260 to bore and plate the SCEM cylinder.
post #215 of 222 (permalink) Old 13th July 2017, 11:20 PM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
Still looking for MR12 fuel. Looks like it doesn't like fuel pumps very much I have been reading. Hard on rubber and plastics.

I just figured out a cheap way to strap the front forks down. 175lb 24" cable ties! One may work but one on each fork would be best!

Got a used Bazzaz fuel controller off fleabay last night for $139 shipped!
post #216 of 222 (permalink) Old 13th July 2017, 11:29 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Still looking for MR12 fuel. Looks like it doesn't like fuel pumps very much I have been reading. Hard on rubber and plastics.

I just figured out a cheap way to strap the front forks down. 175lb 24" cable ties! One may work but one on each fork would be best!

Got a used Bazzaz fuel controller off fleabay last night for $139 shipped!

With MR12 or U4.4 fuel, you run it. Then when finished for the day, pump it out, back fill with pump gas and run enough to purge it out of the system. Those fuels will also start to corrode exhaust ports too, if not flushed out of system. We often then also wipe out air boxes with a water craft storage/fogging oil.

-ms
D.T. likes this.

post #217 of 222 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2017, 11:52 AM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
I went to US Air Motorsports Raceway last weekend and watched some Supermoto Racing. Talked to some guys in the pits and the fuels they were using. Seen a lot of T4 fuel being used. One dude had some MR pro 6 which is a bit cheaper and unleaded version of MR12. He showed me his cool John Deere 12V transfer pump for removing it and putting pump gas back in.

Going to try and get the SV converted back into a drag bike here pretty soon too! Shooting for the 9's myself.

Got one cylinder bored for the Vstrom for the JE piston. Got a used front cylinder off of fleabay to bore too.

Headed to Brainerd to watch the PSM races in a few weeks also.
post #218 of 222 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2017, 02:21 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Czech Republic
Garage
Quote:
Got one cylinder bored for the Vstrom for the JE piston. Got a used front cylinder off of fleabay to bore too.
Haven't seen a DL piston in JE offer...you mean the TLR 100mm overbore pistons (317205)?
post #219 of 222 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2017, 02:44 PM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
Nope, SV piston part # 284698.

I hear the TLR pistons will fit in the new 1000.
post #220 of 222 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2017, 03:15 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Czech Republic
Garage
Quote:
Nope, SV piston part # 284698.
Oh, you are building 650...my bad
post #221 of 222 (permalink) Old 26th August 2017, 07:38 PM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
Been looking into fuels today and E85 can really be a cheap way to make HP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOqrJLhuadA&t=13s

Problem is that E40-E50 seems to make the best HP. The above is forced induction on a corvette though.

My Jeep really likes the 88 octane E15 around these parts.
post #222 of 222 (permalink) Old 15th October 2017, 11:20 PM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
JHS made a 150 mph 1/4 mile drag bike.

Racing motorcycle builders ? JHS Racing Limited

Over in the UK. Not sure if they race it anymore. 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in