SV Portal Forums banner

Track day

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  schmidt314 
#1 ·
Had a good day out on the track at hampton Downs, considering the bike is old now compared to the latest, it was still fun. Haven't been for a few years but really enjoyed the day getting on the track. Not too many sv1000 s around, more 650s, I wonder if Suzuki do the sv replacement they will do a 1000 as well?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
............ I wonder if Suzuki do the sv replacement they will do a 1000 as well?
Glad you had fun....would love to do a track day myself..... we do have some awesome roads around us though.... ha ha

I cant see Suzuki investing money in getting the engine Euro 5 compliant....... it would be nice....and the 1000 never sold as well as the 650, so it might
be a bit off-putting for them...
Only way i could see them getting it to be a winner is to bump it 100cc and throw another 25-35hp at it....and 10kg lighter.....now, that would be nice

#3 ·
I was thinking about the speculation of the sv650 replacement that's a parallel twin, I would prefer not in that configuration but it makes sense nowadays, wondering if they would do a 1k version as well, couldn't call it an sV though would have to be a sP650 and sP1000.. Lol.. Suzuki needs some new designs badly..wait and see....

#4 ·
A parallel twin wouldn't be a bad thing....could work to make the bike compact in length i spose....
Suzuki have been very lazy for probably 10 years now.....nothing much new under the sun as far as bikes go really.....few learner grade bikes....but veryhting else has just been tweaks and facials......

#5 ·
appears to me that suzi seems investing bit more in upgrading sv650 because its popularity..than SV1K which was never good seller and it was similar scenario with TLS/R's too.
looks
they are focused more on DL because there might be more market for dual sport touring kind bikes

#6 ·
........................they are focused more on DL because there might be more market for dual sport touring kind bikes

And, because they increased the capacity of the engine, and then dumbed the power output down, they can sneak it through Euro 5....but barely....
Again, they are a small factory, and they obviously dont have a taste for spending money on development.....
I can see them disappearing into a back-water of the industry if they keep going...all the other factories are investing, and big......

#7 ·
I saw this post a few weeks back, and decided I should chime in after finishing up a track day at Buttonwillow with the ol' SV today. For a bike that is 17 years old it performed beyond my expectations, and even compared to modern bikes it held its own very well. The fat torque curve is awesome since there is such a wide range of rpms to work with for corner entrance/exit, however the bike felt like it would run out of breath on the longer straights. All in all I was surprised how easy it was to ride this bike at the C+/B- pace on street tires. Can't wait for the next track day...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.