SV1000 Portal

SV1000 Portal (https://www.sv-portal.com/forums/)
-   SV Portal Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (https://www.sv-portal.com/forums/42-sv-portal-verticalscope-forum-support-help/)
-   -   Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working (https://www.sv-portal.com/forums/42-sv-portal-verticalscope-forum-support-help/69378-announcement-photobucket-images-no-longer-working.html)

sv-admin 13th July 2017 12:55 PM

Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working

Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

Longhair 14th July 2017 01:40 PM

Those extortionist fuckers just laid waste to 12yrs of my post illustrations all over the web. There's no way that I'll pay them one red cent, and no way that I'm going to edit all those posts either. If I didn't u/l them directly to the site they are gone forever.

I'm moving all my stuff over to imgur, and PB can go pound sand!

svjoe 14th July 2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhair (Post 1852293610)
Those extortionist fuckers just laid waste to 12yrs of my post illustrations all over the web. There's no way that I'll pay them one red cent, and no way that I'm going to edit all those posts either. If I didn't u/l them directly to the site they are gone forever.

I'm moving all my stuff over to imgur, and PB can go pound sand!

So, tell us what's really on your mind!!!! :gun_bandana::gun_bandana:

Longhair 14th July 2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svjoe (Post 1852293642)
So, tell us what's really on your mind!!!! :gun_bandana::gun_bandana:

Honestly, I've been wondering if a class-action law suit isn't in their future. What they've engaged in is nothing short of extortion, and I believe that they should be called on the carpet for it....the greedy bastards!

sv-admin 14th July 2017 06:47 PM

Sorry, guys. I wish we had some better news to go along with this note. Our tech team is trying to work something out, but so far no news on that front.

Just to note, you do have unlimited attachments on here. Moving forward, I'd suggest attaching your images directly to your posts so you don't have to worry about another site going down and ruining any threads here.

Dayle

Longhair 14th July 2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sv-admin (Post 1852293658)
Just to note, you do have unlimited attachments on here. Moving forward, I'd suggest attaching your images directly to your posts so you don't have to worry about another site going down and ruining any threads here.

Dayle

How about you folks remove the restriction that only allows an attachment to be U/L'd once? I've gotten around it in the past with HTML and off site storage (PhotoFucket).

sv-admin 17th July 2017 03:16 PM

Hey there,

I assume that you are referring to the fact that you need to upload an image to each post separately? Even if it is the same one?
You can add the image to your gallery and link the image within your post if you are looking for a workaround to that.

Richard.

Longhair 17th July 2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sv-admin (Post 1852294058)
Hey there,

I assume that you are referring to the fact that you need to upload an image to each post separately? Even if it is the same one?
You can add the image to your gallery and link the image within your post if you are looking for a workaround to that.

Richard.

No. The site software won't let you U/L the same image more than once...period. And linking to an image in your album only adds the link, not an image.
AFAIK, the only work arounds are an image host site and HTML code, or sub-forums that allow IMG tags to actually display the same pic more than once.

VS Jeff 18th July 2017 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhair (Post 1852294154)
No. The site software won't let you U/L the same image more than once...period. And linking to an image in your album only adds the link, not an image.
AFAIK, the only work arounds are an image host site and HTML code, or sub-forums that allow IMG tags to actually display the same pic more than once.

@Longhair

It is to keep users or spammers from posting the same image over and over.

Testing if changing name helps but does not.

Jeff M