SV Portal Forums banner

1 week for an O-ring!

5K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  Pantera93 
#1 ·
The left side of my engine is leaking oil (I see that it's a common thing.) However, the stealership wants my bike for a fricken week to fix it! People are saying it's easy to fix by yourself "if you have a rear stand." What about if I don't have a rear stand? Would I have to drain the oil first? Also popping that cap off of there and changing the O-Ring yourself wouldn't void the warranty would it?

Thanks

#32 ·
I had mine out when checking the valves and found it just a tad tight too. Had a new metric hex-key socket set on hand which fit the plug nice and tight so I was able to put some serious effort to it without damage. What kind of tools do you have to remove it? What ever you use....best to make sure it fits very tightly and then put the muscle to it....preferably with a sharp impact or snap to get it to break loose. Tapping on the wrench or socket with a small hammer while applying the force can help too.

#33 ·
Discovered the same leak on mine yesterday. Happy to see it's not a big dealof a job to do, and not that much important.

And it does a little *click-a-clack-a-click* when warm and clutch out makes it worse. Sound is coming from the stator cover. Or at least, the left side of the bike (when i sit on it).

#38 ·
Holy thread revival batman! :ROFLMAO::LOL: I know!! Can someone verify if the left side bolt is a T55 torx head? Tried a 10mm Allen but it was obviously not correct so I stopped. Have a T50 but it was much too small. Thanks!! Wish I would have read about sticking a towel around the bit as I kinda jacked mine up already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.