SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 SV 1000 destroyed a magnet on the rotor last year. I ended up buying a new one and waiting 5 months (COVID)for it to arrive. Anyone interested in the old rotor or a magnet? One of mine shredded and the others should be usable. I am in Houston TX and would love to help out a fellow rider or two, keeping them from spending a lot to keep their ride on the road.

Attachments

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,605 Posts
There are people out there that will do things their mums woudl not be proud of to get these.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the bike used. It is in fairly good shape and had 20,000 miles. I didn’t want to let it die because of the rotor, so I bought a stock replacement. I didn’t take any photos of the new unit, but the magnet adhesive was definitely different.

Attachments

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,605 Posts
I truly hope you JB Welded it before installing ??

Brand new units will fail after a while a well....the acids in the oil weaken the glue, and the magnets will slip....

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,605 Posts
As long as you dont tear the gsket, you will be ble to re-use it.....especially if you put a gasket paste - usually grey on it... thin smear each side.....
The rotor can be JB Welded in situ, you just need to wash it out.....just keeping the crap out of the sump....or pull it out if you aren't comfy with that...

Question....theoretically, the rotor should have suprseded to the 05 up rotor i thought.... which is lighter and helps the engine spin up quicker.....

Stupidly enough, looking up the part numbers 32102-16G00 (first version) fits all years, but 32102-16G10 (later part number) suits all years too.....

Suzuki do wierd crap hey.....and the lighter version is a lot dearer too.....

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,146 Posts
As long as you dont tear the gsket, you will be ble to re-use it.....especially if you put a gasket paste - usually grey on it... thin smear each side.....
The rotor can be JB Welded in situ, you just need to wash it out.....just keeping the crap out of the sump....or pull it out if you aren't comfy with that...

Question....theoretically, the rotor should have suprseded to the 05 up rotor i thought.... which is lighter and helps the engine spin up quicker.....

Stupidly enough, looking up the part numbers 32102-16G00 (first version) fits all years, but 32102-16G10 (later part number) suits all years too.....

The online cross overs are often incorrect because of how their databases work and search. Since Suzuki often shows multiple years of bikes in one fiche set, cross overs can be incorrect when referencing online.

As per my direct Suzuki resource
16G00 is all 03/04
16G10 is 05-07
16G00 does not supersede from a technical standpoint but can be interchanged as we all know.

-ms

·
Registered
94 Posts

What do you use to clean the rotor out.I am going to be doing mine soon.At the last check all magnets were in place with no movement.

Regards
Shameless

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,766 Posts
What do you use to clean the rotor out.I am going to be doing mine soon.At the last check all magnets were in place with no movement.

Regards
Shameless
I used plain old carb cleaner. It worked great too. Brake cleaner would also be a great choice.(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts