SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Just picked up my second SV1000 from a dealership in Oregon. It has about 40,000 miles and is in pretty pristine condition and turns over just fine (fuel pump sounds good) it won’t get started or run. I’m thinking it’s not getting fuel, the mixture is off, or there’s something wrong with the spark plugs. So sensors, ECU, or?? I’m not sure where to start at this point but I want to collect as much advice and knowledge as possible before I dive into the problem. Any information is very appreciated, anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I'd start by lifting the tank, take off the top of the airbox and drip some fuel into the throttles and see if it doesn't fire up briefly. The fuel filters are kind of known for clogging so that's the first thing to eliminate in your situation. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd start by lifting the tank, take off the top of the airbox and drip some fuel into the throttles and see if it doesn't fire up briefly. The fuel filters are kind of known for clogging so that's the first thing to eliminate in your situation. Good luck!
Oh awesome thank you! That’s a huge help actually I’ll definitely do that first thing.

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,113 Posts
Hey everyone!

Just picked up my second SV1000 from a dealership in Oregon. It has about 40,000 miles and is in pretty pristine condition and turns over just fine (fuel pump sounds good) it won’t get started or run. I’m thinking it’s not getting fuel, the mixture is off, or there’s something wrong with the spark plugs. So sensors, ECU, or?? I’m not sure where to start at this point but I want to collect as much advice and knowledge as possible before I dive into the problem. Any information is very appreciated, anyone have any ideas?
Where in Oregon? I own 3 SV1000s and have worked on a bunch from all over the the Pacific Northwest. I am just outside of Portland.

Check for spark, make sure air box isn’t full of critter goodies, check for fuel spray at the injectors.

Is the FI on the dash being displayed?

Is there an alarm on the bike?

Is there a powercommander on the bike?

-ms

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is Oregon? I own 3 SV1000s and have worked on a bunch from all over the the Pacific Northwest. I am just outside of Portland.

Check for spark, make sure air box isn’t full of critter goodies, check for fuel spray at the injectors.

Is the FI on the dash being displayed?

Is there an alarm on the bike?

Is there a powercommander on the bike?

-ms
It’s orange with about 40,000 miles on it and in pretty good shape, I picked it up in Hillsboro at Hillsboro Motosport. Also thanks for this suggestions I’m getting a pretty good list going here.

·
Registered
SV1000S 2007
90 Posts
If the bike has been standing for a long time, the fuel may have gone gooie, blocking the injectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts