SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having issues shifting back into neutral after riding for long periods of time. Did the google search and talked to some people about how to fix it... oil change and adjust the clutch cable. After that I decided to do some regular maintenance, change the fluids, bleed the brakes, adjust the clutch, and replace the sprockets and chain. After all that was done took it for a test ride to see if the clutch issue was resolved turns out bike is worse than before. Put it in first gear and had no acceleration bike was struggling to move till it eventually stopped. Had to push it back inside. Came back inside put it up on a stand to see if the same thing would happen but the tire rotated just fine in gear and speed increased normally as I went through the gears. Tried to ride again but no acceleration almost like it wasn't going into gear. Put it in dealer mode to see if any codes would appear but no codes

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,208 Posts
I was having issues shifting back into neutral after riding for long periods of time. Did the google search and talked to some people about how to fix it... oil change and adjust the clutch cable. After that I decided to do some regular maintenance, change the fluids, bleed the brakes, adjust the clutch, and replace the sprockets and chain. After all that was done took it for a test ride to see if the clutch issue was resolved turns out bike is worse than before. Put it in first gear and had no acceleration bike was struggling to move till it eventually stopped. Had to push it back inside. Came back inside put it up on a stand to see if the same thing would happen but the tire rotated just fine in gear and speed increased normally as I went through the gears. Tried to ride again but no acceleration almost like it wasn't going into gear. Put it in dealer mode to see if any codes would appear but no codes
Are you adjusting the clutch actuator first, then setting cable free play? If the lower actuator adjustment is out, it won’t matter what the cable free play is.

If it has been riden long enough with clutch slippage it will destroy the clutch and it will need to be replaced.

-ms

1 - 2 of 2 Posts