SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gorgeous 2006 SV1000S "Time Capsule"!

As some of you may remember, I picked up this incredible bike just 2 years ago from the original adult owner in California with only 69 original miles on it! It was completely factory "new" in nearly every way and all original, even the tires (which I have since replaced, of course)! Now with an upcoming move cross country due to a job change and other big life changes, I'm considering letting someone else get their hands on this beauty and give it the attention it deserves!

The bike now has just 1,739 miles on it and the only changes I have made are putting on a set of Pirelli Angel GT tires, securing the stator magnets, adding a factory pillion cover (i.e. solo seat cover), and fitting a pair of incredibly sexy DanMoto "Jisu" cans in black, which truly make the bike look like it should have from the factory. The exhaust and tail cover are the most recent additions and not shown in the pic above...it looks even better now! I also have the factory exhaust cans and rear seat/grab handle, which will be included.

Cons: The bike has been sitting for most of the past year due to a small leak in one of the rubber fuel lines (easy fix), that I simply haven't had time to address. It starts up fine, but you can see the fuel drip between the throttle bodies as it runs. Also, I accidentally bumped one of the plastic turn signal housings while moving equipment around in the garage. There is no damage to bike, only the plastic bulb housing, but I was planning to replace the turn signals with newer LED versions anyway.

Pros: Everything else! It's a looker, it's fast, and as close to "new" as you will find an SV1K in 2022! Despite sitting for the past few months, the bike still starts up and runs easily. The low mileage is a huge bonus and means very little wear on the bike and parts overall. Plus, this bike has one of the sleekest color combos they ever put on the SV1K!

Clean Arizona title, no accidents, never been down.

SOLD!

-----

Extras available for purchase (i.e. items I bought for the bike, but never got around to installing):

Puig double-bubble windscreen in dark smoke, Helibars ergonomic clip-on handlebars, Goodridge stainless brake lines, PSR USA air injection block-off plates, RaceTech 1.00kg/mm fork springs with fluid and seal kit, various aftermarket seats (Sargent World Sport, Suzuki factory "low" seat, Bill Mayer custom)

Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
You moving house, or moving to the big house on the 8th .... 馃ぃ

Reactions: Masta' C

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You moving house, or moving to the big house on the 8th .... 馃ぃ
Hahahaha! My wife and I are going to be living in a tiny Airbnb for 3 months while we sell our current home and seek out a new one in Washington State. I'm not going to have a garage after the first week of January and I'd prefer not to have to sort out interstate transport and subsequent storage for the bike, if I don't have to. :)

Here's another pic (also without the new exhaust):

Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
You haven't got a friend / work colleague / family member / homeless shelter that is willing to park it until you can fly back and ride it home ?

Onl y asking cause i hate to see a man cry.....and you will.....馃槬馃槶

KNEE DRAGGER
Hahahaha! My wife and I are going to be living in a tiny Airbnb for 3 months while we sell our current home and seek out a new one in Washington State. I'm not going to have a garage after the first week of January and I'd prefer not to have to sort out interstate transport and subsequent storage for the bike, if I don't have to. :)

Here's another pic (also without the new exhaust):

WA state! I am in the PNW so you should bring it out this way and we can build a fire breathing engine for it!

-ms

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
WA state! I am in the PNW so you should bring it out this way and we can build a fire breathing engine for it!

-ms
Dangit! You guys make this decision tough! 馃槅

A big part of the issue is that I'm in a period of major change in my life....recent graduation/career change, child planning, I'm moving states in a month, and my wife and I are going to need new(er) cars VERY soon which is a big commitment (I love my trusty ol' Honda Element, but I'm approaching 300K miles on the clock and it's seriously starting to show its age!).

I'm also going to be garage-less for several months and with trying to get a side business started in addition to all of the above and my regular work commitments, I'm not sure how much time and energy I can really dedicate to riding right now! If the past 12-18 months is any indication...not much!

I know the stress of moving and changing jobs, etc. is a big emotional driver in my decision to sell this awesome bike. The relocation came up very suddenly and we certainly weren't prepared for the demands of moving, getting our house ready for sale, etc. But, right now, a motorcycle is a project/hobby I don't feel I have time for.

If it doesn't sell in the next couple weeks, I won't be sad, but I'd be surprised. This thing is a gem. I hope a true SV fan comes in and swoops it up! $4200 doesn't buy much "bike" these days. This is a good deal (and I might be willing to negotiate some of the "extras" with the price)

:)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it SOLD!

A neighbor ended up expressing interest and we worked something out!

I think it's going to a good home, honestly. He's someone who can give it the TLC it needs and will really enjoy it.

I'm a little sad to see it go, especially after hearing it leave my driveway with the DanMoto cans thumping their beautiful bass notes, but I feel good about the decision...for now, ha ha!

On to other things, though not necessarily "bigger" or "better".

Cheers!

Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
Congrats...

But, a neighbour....you have to see it most days ?..... ohh the pain.... HA HA

Reactions: Urbanjugle

Registered
yeah...it would break my heart to see in in next door driveway and i couldnt ride it...but if you are on good terms with new owner he might let you to pet her here n there!
sounds like it went to good home, tell him to come here to join us on SVportal!!!

Registered
Yea that can be good & bad. Sold my Intruder 1400 to a coworker's husband and then every time something was wrong with it he was calling me. Like it's not mine anymore dude?! Arizona used to test bike emissions which was stupid to begin with. Your bike would fail getting 48 mpg but the Ford Excursion next to you would pass getting 9 mpg?!!! They finally did away with it...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I'm moving out of state in a week (one of the major reasons behind selling the bike), so he won't really be my "neighbor" for much longer and I won't have to see it everyday. :)

I know I'll probably regret the decision to sell at some point, but I'm SO dang distracted by everything else going on in my life at the moment that regret hasn't had a chance to sink in and probably won't for at least a few months!

For now, I just feel better knowing it's going to be ridden and cared for as opposed to spending any more time silently waiting in my garage for me to make it a priority again.

P.S. - I'm not giving up on riding at all. I still have all my gear and my wife does, too. I'm sure once things settle out in the next 18-24 months, I'll likely be looking for a motorcycle again!

Registered
Glad to hear that beautiful machine has found a good home.
Did they want the extra parts or are they still available?
I see a few items on your list that I would be interested in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to hear that beautiful machine has found a good home.
Did they want the extra parts or are they still available?
I see a few items on your list that I would be interested in.
I still have the air injection block off plates, RaceTech springs, various aftermarket seats, and a set of used Helibars in good condition. If interested in any of these, feel free to shoot me a PM. All items go into storage later this week (on the 6th) for 3 months due to my upcoming move, so I would need to receive payment by the 5th in order to get things shipped out no later than Thursday this week. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts