SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need a hand guys have no idea why I'm getting the c23 and c14 codes. i even went as far as changed the ecu still the codes show up ....Heck it's like the ecu isn't reading those 2 sensors tip over sensor brand new and the ecu new and the throttle position sensor the ecu isn't even picking them up ....It's like the bike thinks it's tipped over never been dropped all this started when i changed the battery since then no start .....my tip over sensor is a relay but it clearly shows another type of tos someone must have changed this one I'm the second owner I'm just stumped why won't it start ? I have a dealer switch that's the only codes I'm showing....Now i have 2 ecu's thats not the problem because the new ecu is showing the same codes so either it's in the plug itself that's not reading something I'm not sure I'm stumped 馃馃馃馃馃馃馃

Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
Possibly have to trace the ECU wires back to the plug, and make sure they are secure first.....
You say it started when changing the battery....have you checked the negative lead grounding to the chassis/engine ?
Have you disconnected the battery, then operate all switches/buttons to delete any static, and leave the battery disconnected for an hour or so and the hook it back up.....

Have you opened a 6 pack and sat and stared at the bike until you need a new 6 pack ?

Registered

The factory service manual is pretty comprehensive when troubleshooting problems...you should be able to resistance check both TPS and TO sensor to see if they're OK..which they probably are. I don't see how they're connected and certainly not how they'd each cause an issue after a battery replacement so I'm thinking there might be something else at work here. Do you have an alarm on the bike? Sometimes an alarm or security system will go flaky when the battery is removed so be sure something like that isn't going on here.

At least by running the pinpoint tests in the manual you can rule out bad sensors and dig into what is going on. You didn't by chance touch the battery terminals backwards...yes? That only takes an instant and can cause bad things to happen. But start by ruling out the two sensors then you can run continuity checks on the wiring from each sensor to the ECM. You've already verified that the ECM isn't faulty so it's something inbetween....and those wires are prime spots for security interlocks to foil thefts. Some of the English guys have had massive ball aches when their security systems go out because they used non-color coded wiring to make it harder to remove and even put in fake wires to lead you down dead ends. Be calm and systematic in your approach and you should find out what's going on pretty quickly...the SV isn't a complicated machine and once you get to know them inside they're really great to work on. Best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts