SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Created a thread on this, but posted to the tuning section.

Saw an old thread where someone mentioned a breather line could be cracked, checking these next, but assuming all regular maintenance has been done, where would you guys start looking?

·
Registered
2003 SV1000s / 18000 miles
15 Posts
This is a long video but very informative if you ever take apart a gas cap and dont know how it goes back together. I found a bunch of crap in the vent areas around the back side of the key. could cause vapor lock but his was on a carb bike not sure if a fuel injected with high pressure pump would have the same issue he had. but worth a look for free.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,506 Posts
A blocked vent line has caused issues with FI bikes before, thats for sure.......
The fuel pump is operating with atmospheric pressure on the intake side, so, if that pressure starts to subside towards a negative pressure, it will have to affect pump performance....

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,753 Posts
Have you fiddled with the Dobek tuner for that RPM range?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, ended up replacing the Dobeck with a pcv, and it runs like it should. While I was in there I also did the flywheel and magnets, so while the obvious answer is that the TFI box was causing it, I think the flywheel could have had something to do with it, considering all my magnets moved to one side of the rotor.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,506 Posts
Excellent news on the tune...
The magnets " shouldn't " effect the tune really, unless that Dobeck unit was very susceptible to disruptions in the way current was being sent round the bike..... ?

I say that, because, although i had no running issues that i knew of due to the magnets moving, one thing i did have an issue with, but seems to have corrected itself since, was that i kept losing my marker lights in the headlight.....get 2 weeks from new globes, incandescent or led, and dead......and because of that, i hadn't bothered with replacing them until about 6 weks ago, and now they are fine..... Was it a wavelength thing caused by what had become one solid magnet, with a large gap...?....who knows.... my brain hurts just thinking of electrical crap.....o_O

1 - 6 of 6 Posts