SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday all, I have a 03 sv1000s, I have heard rumour that the 6" hayabusa rear rim is a direct swap, I'm not willing to spend on one and try without some confirmation. If it IS just rumour then what's the easiest/cheapest options?

TIA

· Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,071 Posts
Welcome to the site.... whereabouts you at in Oz ?

The bearings are the same....but, going by a parts piccy, the centre spacer looks a lot longer....and
Whereas, gixxer 1000 wheels use the same SV spacer on some years

The SV part number is 64731-35F10 and the Busa is 64731-40F10 the 35F and the 40F are the telling things.
I would guess not.

· KNEE DRAGGER
5,238 Posts
Gday all, I have a 03 sv1000s, I have heard rumour that the 6" hayabusa rear rim is a direct swap, I'm not willing to spend on one and try without some confirmation. If it IS just rumour then what's the easiest/cheapest options?

TIA
I have done this twice. You need a Gen1 Hayabusa wheel carrier and spacers. I think then swapped one spacer.

Make note that you now need the Hayabusa/TL style rear sprocket.

If I recall correctly the gen1 Hayabusa rear wheel is pretty heavy.

-ms

· KNEE DRAGGER
5,238 Posts
Welcome to the site.... whereabouts you at in Oz ?

The bearings are the same....but, going by a parts piccy, the centre spacer looks a lot longer....and
Whereas, gixxer 1000 wheels use the same SV spacer on some years

The SV part number is 64731-35F10 and the Busa is 64731-40F10 the 35F and the 40F are the telling things.
I would guess not.
The Gen1 Hayabusa wheels are a completely different casting and a very different carrier.
-ms

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm from Rockhampton Queensland Missing Link. Still trying to figure out how to use this site and don't know how to reply.... So you're both saying that I'm better off with a gsxr rear wheel?

· Registered
387 Posts
OK No one has posted to this for a week. So let me throw my dumb joke in.
Hey man, why you want a 6" wheel. They look stupid Stay with the 17". 6" looks like a moped, actually even those have 10-12" wheels. 6" - Its like a stakeboard. No please stay with 17". But your call. Its your bike afterall.

· Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,071 Posts
I'm from Rockhampton Queensland Missing Link. Still trying to figure out how to use this site and don't know how to reply.... So you're both saying that I'm better off with a gsxr rear wheel?
If it was me, and i have less experieince at this swap then schmidt314 has, i would head to the GSXR wheel if anyhting, it is going to be lighter for sure.....

But wait for another reply

Reactions: teachmeSV
1 - 8 of 8 Posts