SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! So I’m looking to replace the Yoshimira aftermarket exhaust that I bought the bike with and I’m trying to find a lighter option. It will be for a 2003 SV1000S. I don’t care too much how loud it will be so long as it isn’t crazy loud and doesn’t hurt performance. I’m looking at the LeoVince LV-10 universal muffler: LeoVince LV-10 Universal Muffler - RevZilla
Is this a good idea or a terrible one? Also would I need to adjust anything with the ECU? I have zero experience with exhaust mods and want to make sure I do my homework before pulling the trigger on anything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Judging from the length of the silencer I think those LeoVince will be crazy loud.
If you only are swapping the silencer there shouldn't be necessary to do anything else.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
So you have a 3/4 2-1 system installed? If so...the sky's the limit as to cans to install. They'll have a strap to secure them so no worries about the K3S subframe mounting points being in a different spot than the rest. The Yoshi cans are basically straight through so sound deadening isn't going to be much different unless you're running one with the 'low volume' insert. The insert tones the 'BOOM' down a bit and adds some bottom end and midrange torque while limiting the top end power a tad. Shorter cans without an insert are going to be loud..for sure. And no you don't need to alter the ECU just with a can change as the stock mapping is already crazy fat so anything you do to lean it down a bit is a good thing. Having the Yoshi' TRS can on mine and 4 different length inserts allows some fine tuning of the powerband and when the mapping is optimized changing from the stock insert length to a shorter one really makes a noticeable difference in how it feels. I keep coming back to a 4.5" insert length as the best compromise of bottom end without hurting the top end. Knocks a little of the noise off too...but really not that much and it sounds great. Whatever can you decide on it's really nice to have an insert available just in case you find it too abusively loud. If no insert is available you're stuck with whatever you have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts