SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, been benefiting greatly from the knowledge on here for the last week, which has culminated in me buying an 03 SV1k last night! Loved the ride home, slightly scary after my very competent but sensible VFR750.

Obviously I've already flattened the battery because of a notchy ignition barrel and surprise parking light - why are those even a thing?

To be fair, I should have gone out and double checked after I read about it in the owners manual (yeah, I'm that guy), which leads me to my question: In the manual it says that when you depress the rear brake pedal it will apply the rear brake calipers and turn on the braking light, but as far as I can tell its mostly just the latter that's happening. Is this normal? 馃槀

It's got braided lines, maybe I was just expecting too much... Like some sort of stopping power. How am I going to do my mad skidz?

Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
Welcome...... and, by "yeah, i'm that guy" do you mean that you didn't check, or that you read the owners manual.....either way....tut tut.....:D

On my experience, the rear brake is there because someone said it has to have one.....it really is only any good for stabilising the bike through a bend if this get pogo like.......

The parking light is pretty much only for safety on the side of a road broken down.....and it allows your hazard lights to work too without the headlight being on....

Reactions: Moroseduck

Registered
05 sv1k
I still ride my 93 pearl white vfr750. Love that bike...will never give it up. That being said 3 years ago i bought an 05 sv1000. In black no less. its like good and evil. The vfr is so smooth and refined. The sv is raw and naked. welcome to the forum and enjoy your new bike.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Registered
Got caught out with that parking light thing myself when I first got mine and likewise I can't understand why it exists, don't recall having it on any of my recent bikes but possibly it just never caught me out.

I understand that it may be useful for "....pretty much only for safety on the side of a road broken down..... " but this is a Suzuki not a Harley D!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly, (and ironically) it may not have been me being a wally with the parking lights - a fact I realised when I did kind of end up on the side of the road broken down 馃槀

Fortunately the side of the road in question was outside my friend's house, where after a brief visit I came out to a dead battery. Looks like the reg/rec has had it.

Going to order one from Electrex as it seems like the best bet in the UK. Trying to bump stay it definitely wasn't 馃槀

A couple of pre stop pics

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Plant

Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
When you do the reg, if confident to do it, wire it direct to the stator.....gets rid of 400m approx of wiring.

Reactions: Moroseduck
1 - 7 of 7 Posts