SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,662 Posts
Welcome back !
What cans are those, and do they have the wedged mount as part of them ? The Chewy's ones were to pull the cans in at the end, but this angles them up....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome back !
What cans are those, and do they have the wedged mount as part of them ? The Chewy's ones were to pull the cans in at the end, but this angles them up....
Cheers for welcome back. No idea what the exhausts are (unbranded), but yes has wedge which angles em up. Suits the bike well i think?

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,662 Posts
Cheers for welcome back. No idea what the exhausts are (unbranded), but yes has wedge which angles em up. Suits the bike well i think?
Yeah, works well......certainly looked like the wedge is a part of the can......

Real clean bike too....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, works well......certainly looked like the wedge is a part of the can......

Real clean bike too....
I was amazed- it's virtually unmarked (atm!!) With 6200 miles and 9 services. Not sure if the wedges are a separate part, or part of the can. Separate I think!?

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,662 Posts
I was amazed- it's virtually unmarked (atm!!) With 6200 miles and 9 services. Not sure if the wedges are a separate part, or part of the can. Separate I think!?
I assume you remember or know that Chewy (RIP) had wedges he sold to angle the cans inwards, but, i would hazard a guess to say they were only about 1/2 to 2/3 as steep.....
If someone could make those again they would sell pretty well......

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
170 Posts
welcome on the board, that is handsome SV!! beauty and no miles on it, need to wreck some miles once get warmer😊

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I assume you remember or know that Chewy (RIP) had wedges he sold to angle the cans inwards, but, i would hazard a guess to say they were only about 1/2 to 2/3 as steep.....
If someone could make those again they would sell pretty well......
Yep, hot cakes comes to mind!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome on the board, that is handsome SV!! beauty and no miles on it, need to wreck some miles once get warmer😊
Thanks and absolutely - can't wait for a proper test ride. Had a 20 minute run few days back before the gritters came back and all good, other than noticed light sheen on the r/h fork. Hoping it just needs a clean, but will get the bike checked over by a mechanic when i get a chance (will ask to check re green connector and magnets (I think I saw)!!?? Anything else to get checked come to mind?
Cheers,
Andrew.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts