SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
What a great site this is!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say how much I appreciate everyone's posts. This is a very informative forum made even nicer by the genuine cameraderie fueled by arguably the greatest group of motorcycles ever made; the Suzuki SV's. I'm fairly new to wrenching but along with oil changes, I have managed to synch my throttle bods and change by sprockets & chain. Next up for me is checking my valve clearances and eventually changing my tires. My '03 silver naked SV1000 which I picked up last April has been a rock solid, reliable dream bike. I added National Cycle headlight fairing which I then painted and I'm looking forward to eventually adding a D&D exhaust system, Power Commander, and many other fantastic mods that you guys and gals have done to your bikes. Have I mentioned what fantastic bikes the SV's are? I was unable to upload any pics for some reason. But go to my Yahoo! briefcase at this address to see some pics of me and my bikes: http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/russellaarcher/lst?.dir=/Suzuki+files

Cheers everyone and ride safe! :beer: :rockon:

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
zmonster76 is for the 1976 Datsun 280Z into which I transplanted a TPI small block chevy motor. 80% done with the project.
:supsmiley

Shit! :shocking: I can't wait to see the mods YOU will be unleashing upon the mighty SV! :D

A big warm welcome to the forum! You won't be disappointed in the SV. If God rides motorycles, he would definitely pick the SV! :innocent:

(And so would Satan :devil2: )

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
Welcome southwestsv! We can see you have a lot of class and intellegence based on your decision to go buy the SV. Great to have another naked person amongst the pack. There are a fantastic bunch of guys and gals here. Make yourself at home!

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
Welcome aboard Mark! I do love those black SV's like yours. And I'm jealous of your beautiful fall, winter, and spring down in AZ. Enjoy your wonderful bike mate! :niceone:

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
norcal-hydroguy said:
Hello all,
been looking at the site for some time. Going to test ride an 05 hopefully in the mornig.

love the layout of the website!!! great info and good fun!!
Thanks.
A warm welcome to you norcal-hydroguy! Yes, this is by far the best motorcycle-related website ever. A bunch of friendly people here eager and willing to give advice and tease you relentlessly. :lol: And yes, be sure to post pics of your new bike ASAP! We have a voracious appetite for living vicariously (my new favorite word) on this site. Cheers! :beer:

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
dan2sv650 said:
.....i had a 02 sv650, got in a head-on with and accord on the highway and i was just riding home from a movie!......give me some advice!

Dan
Welcome to this awesome site Dan! Not trying to be a smart-ass here :innocent: but I'd recommend the following mods for you first when you get your next bike. :msn-wink:

Fog lights

Reflective rim tape

As for wheelies, since you've done them on the SV650, you'll have an even easier time doing them with the SV1000. Good luck and be safe.:niceone:

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
MJJ said:
Just bought my black '05 from my uncle, who goes through bikes like the rest of us go through 6-paks. This is a terrific forum, thanks and kudos to the admins. Favorite part is the international flavor which seems to match the bike's appeal as well.

Have not ridden in 15 years and it's WAY more bike than I thought I'd reenter with. But kind uncle says "I've had more fun on this bike than any other!" and with that how could I say no?
Sweet bike dude! Man, I wish I had an uncle like that!:yes:

He said he had more fun on that bike than any other huh? Wonder why he got rid of it?:unsure:

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
MJJ said:
Like I said, bikes wash into and out of his life like waves on the beach, but the factors this time are a) new home in the cold Nevada desert, b) retiring wife who will presumably spend more time behind him on the Kawasaki, and c) cash flow. The usual. But he keeps them impeccable and as soon as he said he was willing to part with a bike, I said 'I'll take it' and it didn't really matter what bike it was.
Gotcha.:niceone: Got any pics of it? I'm an SV voyeur and like to look at other SVs (epecially if they are naked :devil2: :lol: ) Again, welcome to this little slice of heaven.:supsmiley

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
Welcome shooter! Nice bike you got there.:supsmiley The black is tough to keep clean, but MAN does it look nice when it is!(w00t) Glad you are enjoying the site. It is a wonderful piece of cyberspace.:first:

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
rjk said:
Welcome Soul er Night Train:lol: You will notice we have a (warped) sense of humour around here. Great bike, Great site....heck, we are one big freakin family....except MrG...he's the step child no one likes. And watch out for Russ...he's an Old Bald Son-of-a-Beech. :pokey:

Really, we're all good friends. Jump in and have fun!!
Hey Bob! You forgot to threaten him with a bitch slap if he doesn't remove the snow shovel! :rofl:

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
ZOOKCOOKS said:
Hello,
I have been checking out this site as a guest for some time and have found it to be a wealth of information. In time maybe I can contribiute something.
Currently I am on my second SV1000, first was an 03N blue, second is 06 soon to be standard and faired. Took a year on a Z1000 but prefer growling to whining. My rear-end is planted in the seat all but two weeks a year, barring a few tweaking issues (fuel map, suspension upgrade & various body mods) the SV1000 is my near perfect everything bike.
Welcome to our crazy family! And I couldn't agree with you more ZOOKCOOKS!:supsmiley I had a Z1000 for awhile but aside from the fantastic riding position, it just didn't give me the pleasure of riding that my blue naked SV1000 did. So I traded in the Z on a black '05 SV1000S a couple of months ago and have been smiling even more ever since! The SV1000 is an amazing motorcycle!:yes:

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
Welcome kimmy! :welcome: Great to have you aboard! :supsmiley

You NEED another motorcycle and the SV1000 is definitely what you should buy. :yes:

Hope you enjoy this fantastic site. And post up some pics of your bikes too. :niceone:

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
:welcome: Kettlebell Kid! You got yourself a fantastic bike there. :yes: :supsmiley

Do you happen to know the forum member's name you bought it from? Just curious.

Enjoy the site! It's a fantastic resource and highly entertaining as well. :bigclap:

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
I bought my 03 Sv1000s last summer and have been lurking for a couple months, thought i would do some posting. I hvae found alot of great info on my bike here. Thanks for all the help.
Welcome chatt1k! :supsmiley Glad you are enjoying the site. There are lots of very nice and knowledgable people here and a few shady characters you should stay away from. :whistle:

You gonna make it to the SV Rally this June?

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
....Installed a twin headlight setup similar to a Speed Triple. I....My sons reaction to me buying an inexpensive Japanese bike was sort of dissapointing. I Guess in his mind , if its not a Ducati its shit. He obviously takes after his mother. I'm gonna kick his ass next time I see him. He's fast in the straights. I dont have any trouble keeping up with him at all but I couldnt say I could pass him anytime I want. I get him in the corners bad! He's young and full of shit. Like his mom. Well that should be a pretty good intro. Ride fast ride safe.

Joe
:killingme

I'd like to see the look on your son's face when your "shit" SV1000 wipes his Duc in some corners.:lol:

Welcome to the site! :supsmiley: I'd like to see some pics of your bike (as I'm sure all other site members would) :whistle: :msn-wink:

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
This is the absolute bestly informatively positively internetly sitely on the webly in my opinionly. And it supports my hobby. What could be better?
This is the absolute bestly informatively positively internetly sitely on the webly in my opinionly. And it supports my hobby. What could be better?

Another post where martinbrown2937 simply copied and pasted a post from the first page of the thread. Definitely a spammer. Post reported.

· Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
....I haven't ridden in many years so this should be interesting. Hope this SV1000 performs half as well as my first bike, the DT1 I bought in 1967 (I think I got it that year).
:welcome:

SV1000s are indeed awesome bikes. Have you ridden it yet? Compared to your first bike, your son-in-law's bikes, and your brother-in-law's R1150, the SV1000 is a lot more powerful so you'll have to keep your speed in check for them to keep up with you. :msn-wink:

Loads of info here on the site to help with any problems that may arise. They are quite well-built and reliable bikes but not without their niggles which are mostly easily sorted using the many helpful posts here on the site.

Enjoy! :supsmiley:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts