SV Portal Forums banner

4241 - 4260 of 4263 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
New guy here! I have a post in the new members forum. I picked up a new-to-me '03 1000S model Friday. Mechanically it seems fine, cosmetically it can use some work. No front fairing, cheap headlight/flyscreen that I don't think will send any lighting at all. Looks like a rightside tip-over at some point.

Currently I'm simply roaming posts learning!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello, I own an sv650 K4 and a vstrom 1000 L6, I present myself here being a fan of the tricks of Schmidt314. :primero: A greeting from Spain

·
Registered
2 Posts
FNG

Hello, its with sadness I join this forum...

lost first gear. and no one thinks its worth paying someone to do. So me being the mechanic that I am. I'm going to give it a shot. and while I'm in there I'm thinking its time for... MO POWA BABY!!!! ok I watch to much donut on youtube.

I'm looking for parts specs and advice!!!

sincerely a guy starting off in second gear :'( :(

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,258 Posts
...............lost first gear. and no one thinks its worth paying someone to do. So me being the mechanic that I am. I'm going to give it a shot. ( :(
Welcome mate....

Maybe start a thread in the Tweaking Tuning and Tricking forum and post up your gear issue there, there are a couple of serial engine dis-memberer's on here
who will add their wisdom....

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,108 Posts
Hello, its with sadness I join this forum...

lost first gear. and no one thinks its worth paying someone to do. So me being the mechanic that I am. I'm going to give it a shot. and while I'm in there I'm thinking its time for... MO POWA BABY!!!! ok I watch to much donut on youtube.

I'm looking for parts specs and advice!!!

sincerely a guy starting off in second gear :'( :(

Make sure that it is not in the gear change mechanism. I see stars come loose now and again and can cause issues. But, if it clicks in and you let the clutch out and it goes nowhere, all the dogs are likely broken off. If it goes in and pops out, it can be dogs/slots with the edges knocked off.

If you are looking to make power, there is PLENTY to do! I am finishing assembly on a 1088 engine right now with huge valves, big injectors, big cams and more!

-ms

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

Longtime lurker, finally developing something that might be worth posting. Former TL1000R owner, needed something better for group-rides than the zx and found myself missing the big twin. So I picked up a project sv1000 to put back together and make my own. As projects do, this one kind of keeps expanding, but I'm pretty happy with the direction it's taking.

Keep the rubber side down!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,258 Posts
Welcome....

Being a long time stalker...i mean lurker.... you will have read all the things that the SV benefits from.... enjoy...!!!

Reactions: Relentless

·
Registered
30 Posts
Never got around to say hi.
Been lurking for some time since i got my SV1000 N K4 last spring. Lots of good information here!

I like the naked style a lot but the ergso is a little too relaxed for my taste, so I've swapped triple trees and clip ons from a S model, at the same time i got a S swingarm that i will fit this winter - was going to check bearings anyway.
Suspension in the front and rear have been upgraded but other than that it's just small mods.

Also this autumn i finally settled for a SV650S K3 for my GF. Since she got the licens in the spring, she's been riding my old and now sold BMW K100RS (stripped and rebuild to cafe racer).
It was cosmetically not in good shape, so it needs some TLC this winter.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,258 Posts
................I like the naked style a lot but the ergso is a little too relaxed for my taste, so I've swapped triple trees and clip ons from a S model, at the same time i got a S swingarm that i will fit this winter - was going to check bearings anyway.......................
The ergo's was what mainly put me off getting an N model too......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new. Well, not "new" new; I've been lurking for a while. Just got my sv1k in september and looking forward to being part of the group.

I adore this bike.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,258 Posts
Hi, I'm new. Well, not "new" new; I've been lurking for a while. Just got my sv1k in september and looking forward to being part of the group.

I adore this bike.
Here i go.....rolling out the welcome wagon...... :welcome:

You have a bought a long time lover mate....... she will keep you warm and grinning stupidly..... :yes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys brand new here just bought a sv1000s from 2005 waiting delivery should be here the 2nd of April and I am very stocked but also kind of nervous for the power band as it is alot more potent than anything I have had before

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,258 Posts
Hi guys brand new here just bought a sv1000s from 2005 waiting delivery should be here the 2nd of April and I am very stocked but also kind of nervous for the power band as it is alot more potent than anything I have had before
Welcome there...... don't be nervous abou tthe bikes power...yeah, there is penty of torque, but it is very obedient, and only does exactly what you ask of it..... You will love it....

·
Registered
2016 DL650A
1 Posts
Locoblanco here, with a 2016 DL650.
Bought new in Aug 2017, added O. E. centerstand. 1st trip 2 weeks later to Durango, about 1500 mile round trip. 32000 miles now, on 4th set of tires. Runs perfect every time, highest elevation seen was Pikes Peak.
20190825_060849.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all! Just picked up an '05 SV1000 and am in the process of swapping out some of the rashed bits to get it street legal and ready to ride. Tons of great info here on the portal!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,258 Posts
Welcome..... you will knock yourself out with all the info for sure....and there are lots of juicy mods to do to make the bike even better

Reactions: Kevin_Mast

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "Биш, сообщение: 40068, участник: 413"]
Вы новый участник?

Добро пожаловать на сайт!

: D

Щелкните здесь и скажите «Привет». Расскажите, что вам нравится в вашем велосипеде (что бы это ни было), в этом сайте или в чем-то еще.

Когда вы закончите, просмотрите ссылки на справку сайта
ВСЕМ привет ,ПЕРЕД ВАМИ ЕЩЕ один счастливый обладатель SV 1000S

4241 - 4260 of 4263 Posts