SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an '03 sv1k that's only got 5k miles on it ... consequently them plastics are in great shape, but copper ain't my thing...

Is a decent a copper fairings actually worth anything to anyone? Sellers list them as rare.... but don't seem like they'd actually be worth saving particularly, but if they worth someones trouble ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got an '03 sv1k that's only got 5k miles on it ... consequently them plastics are in great shape, but copper ain't my thing...

Is a decent a copper fairings actually worth anything to anyone? Sellers list them as rare.... but don't seem like they'd actually be worth saving particularly, but if they worth someones trouble ...
copper full fairings for a 1k in good shape? Where you located and how much you asking?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
copper full fairings for a 1k in good shape? Where you located and how much you asking?
It has that upper front fairing, chin and rest of regular stuff like in that header image ... not the full slab sides ... but im in Palm Beach County Florida

·
Registered
3 Posts
It has that upper front fairing, chin and rest of regular stuff like in that header image ... not the full slab sides ... but im in Palm Beach County Florida
shucks. If they were slabs I’d take em off your hands in a hot minute.

stock copper fairings like you describe (in good shape) could net you 300-500 USD total; depending on buyer, shipping and condition.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
Maybe put up an ad for them, give it a few weeks, and if they dont move, then paint them......

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
623 Posts
I love my copper, owned it from new and have all the genuine factory copper accessories.
Probably would never have been an SV owner if it wasn't for the colour.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
Mine was copper until 3 1/2 years ago.....frnt cowl got messed up, and i couldn't see myself forking out the bucks for an oem unit, and second hand ones were just as second hand
as mine...... so i painted the whole bike...... (FG Falcon colour vic_bitter).....

I would never have bought the silver bike.....way too much of the same....frame, plastics, wheels.....

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
129 Posts
These would have to go on an '03 because of the rear subframe, right? I mean, the front fairing would be fine, but then you'd need the tank, too, to match, right? And then OP's left with a fairing-less bike? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this...

·
Registered
56 Posts
These would have to go on an '03 because of the rear subframe, right? I mean, the front fairing would be fine, but then you'd need the tank, too, to match, right? And then you're left with a fairing-less bike? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this...
To my knowledge it's only the small black triangular pieces which are different between the K3 and K4/K5 fairings. They compensate for the different angle of the subframe.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
All the coloured plastics fit all the years......650 and 1000...

The 650 wont take the chin spoiler though.

And as mentioned, the filler panels under the seat changed after 03....

·
Registered
4 Posts

I’m actually very interested. Can you send pictures ? Lmk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts