SV Portal Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
this is great post guys , its also on my list to do DL hub swap, i dont mind the stiffer clutch lever but still wonder what are the differences btw those two gen of DL hubs?

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,108 Posts
this is great post guys , its also on my list to do DL hub swap, i dont mind the stiffer clutch lever but still wonder what are the differences btw those two gen of DL hubs?
The differences are huge between Gen1 and Gen2 DL1000 clutch guts. Gen1 is just a heavy conventional style clutch. The Gen2 is a slip/assist style clutch.

Look up my thread on the swap and it shows all the parts.

-ms

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,108 Posts

-ms

·
Registered
117 Posts
great, thank you MS for the detailed description and parts list, now im more enlightened with DL clutches👍
so place like ronayers should have all those parts i guess

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm tempted to do the second gen DL clutch setup after I've been looking at prices for the parts.

Took out the bike yesterday for the first ride of the season. Feels a little annoyed by the clutch now that i understand the mechanics and what can be done about it.

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,108 Posts
I'm tempted to do the second gen DL clutch setup after I've been looking at prices for the parts.

Took out the bike yesterday for the first ride of the season. Feels a little annoyed by the clutch now that i understand the mechanics and what can be done about it.
Remember you need a complete clutch pack if you plan to do the slip/assist style clutch.

-ms

21 - 26 of 26 Posts