SV Portal banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
She shoots, what a !!!!!
8,412 Posts
One of my friends at work went this route. Went for a hard ride in the local twisties, the next day the bike would not even roll the rotors were warped so bad.

·
Raising the standards
4,537 Posts
Can you tell us which seller you bought them from?
I'm really not the sort of girl to kiss and tell ....
But seeing as its you, MC Motoparts.
I will warn you though.... When the discs arrived,the bolt holes were smaller on one disc than the other even though both boxes had the same part number on them

·
Raising the standards
4,537 Posts
Hopefully this picture has loaded.
The rear disc is a work of art.... I can't honestly say how it stops because I never use it,the only time it's seen use is when the bike had its MOT

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hopefully this picture has loaded.
The rear disc is a work of art.... I can't honestly say how it stops because I never use it,the only time it's seen use is when the bike had its MOT
Thanks! And what did you end up doing about the smaller holes in the one rotor?

·
Raising the standards
4,537 Posts
Thanks! And what did you end up doing about the smaller holes in the one rotor?
Drilled out..... Was only a few mm smaller,discs work great.
Pulls the bike up from speed with two finger braking.
If I ever go quiet on the forum after a weekend you'll know that they failed and I'm dead:HMM:

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Drilled out..... Was only a few mm smaller,discs work great.
Pulls the bike up from speed with two finger braking.
If I ever go quiet on the forum after a weekend you'll know that they failed and I'm dead:HMM:
I recon you'd come back from the grave to mock us. I hear they've 1400 cc 300 hp sv s up there, with proper green connectors, magnets and clutch baskets.
But they re ALL silver. :killingme

·
Raising the standards
4,537 Posts
I recon you'd come back from the grave to mock us. I hear they've 1400 cc 300 hp sv s up there, with proper green connectors, magnets and clutch baskets.
But they re ALL silver. :killingme
Up there????
I some how don't think so

·
Registered
24 Posts
I run similar rotors on my YZF600 racer. I have done dozens of track days both coaching and attending as an expert rider and a handful of races since installing them and so far no issues.

I can't say what the performance gain is as I changed a few other things in the system at the same time, but I doubt there was any loss in performance.

When I purchased the first set, intending them for my rain/backup wheels I gave one of the new Chinese rotors and one of the stock Yamaha rotors to one of my quality engineers and he did metrological and hardness testing and could find no real differences in the two. That being said not all Chinese rotors are the same... they just look that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brakes Help

kind of related,

I have an 07SV1000N. The left front rotor popped because the caliper wasnt returning one of the pistons fully, putting pressure on the rotor. So I bought wavey after markets, cleaned out the calipers, replaced the pads and fitted the rotors. ISSUE - the bike now feels like the pads are grabbing at low speeds and there is a grinding noise (like really worn pads) although there is plenty of meat left.
Is it possible that the Rotors are not uniform in thickness?

my apologies if this has been answered elswhere.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts