SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a basket off eBay that I was planning on getting reworked so i could avoid any downtime on my bike.
However I'm getting a little confused by 05G37 stamp - only Vstrom is showing up on Google.
I think, I remember reading the Vstrom clutch are weaker and will not hold up in the SV - but i might be completely wrong?

Another stamp says 06 D and if I'm not mistaking it's the manufacturing date? 2006?

Anyone know about baskets? Did i get a Vstrom basket instead?
The basket did come with everthing else, including the BTL. Everyhing else also looks like SV.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
V-Strom hub has 5 bolts with longer springs and the early ones didn't have BTL's...so if you have 6 bolts and a BTL...that's SV. RealShelby will correct me if this is wrong and speaking of him...you might give him a shout and ask if he'd beef your basket up for you. Mine has been in for about 15,000 miles now and it's as tight as the day it was installed, where the stock baskets (2 of them) lasted about the same mileage and were loose and hammering enough to make me remove them.

PS: Just saw where you live...so you might contact Sharalike who also does (or did...haven't heard from him in a while) baskets which would be closer for you to ship.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V-Strom hub has 5 bolts with longer springs and the early ones didn't have BTL's...so if you have 6 bolts and a BTL...that's SV. RealShelby will correct me if this is wrong and speaking of him...you might give him a shout and ask if he'd beef your basket up for you. Mine has been in for about 15,000 miles now and it's as tight as the day it was installed, where the stock baskets (2 of them) lasted about the same mileage and were loose and hammering enough to make me remove them.

PS: Just saw where you live...so you might contact Sharalike who also does (or did...haven't heard from him in a while) baskets which would be closer for you to ship.
Thanks.
It was with 6 bolts and BTL and the eBay listing did say from a K5 SV. But the stamp just confused me a little.

I have been in touch with Sharalike about reworking the clutch. Hope he will get back to me soon so we can arrange something.
Looking forward to the rework and hoping to do Vstrom slipper clutch as well.

·
Vendor
165 Posts
The "O5G37" is a casting number on ALL DL and SV clutch baskets to date. What you have is a SV 1000 basket as it has the double springs ( small spring inside a larger spring ) showing in the spring pockets. DL's have a single spring. That basket is correct for your SV, no worries!
The casting date was indeed 2006, month of April. Was probably assembled a month or two...or three after that.
My cost for building that basket to WERKS standards is $310 US plus $50 for the extra shipping to Denmark. Usually takes one business day to complete. Shipping times via UPS have been about a week lately to most European destinations.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The "O5G37" is a casting number on ALL DL and SV clutch baskets to date. What you have is a SV 1000 basket as it has the double springs ( small spring inside a larger spring ) showing in the spring pockets. DL's have a single spring. That basket is correct for your SV, no worries!
The casting date was indeed 2006, month of April. Was probably assembled a month or two...or three after that.
My cost for building that basket to WERKS standards is $310 US plus $50 for the extra shipping to Denmark. Usually takes one business day to complete. Shipping times via UPS have been about a week lately to most European destinations.
Thanks for your detailed informations! Didn't notice the double springs at all.
I did write Sharealike since UK is closer to DK, but if he does not get back to me within the next few days I'll shoot you a email so we can arrange a rework of my basket.

·
Registered
05 sv1k
14 Posts
too bad i didn't know you needed a clutch basket. i found a used clutch off ebay too but it had a reworked basket already so my old one is sitting in a box. took a long time to find. it would go good with my old flywheel. lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
too bad i didn't know you needed a clutch basket. i found a used clutch off ebay too but it had a reworked basket already so my old one is sitting in a box. took a long time to find. it would go good with my old flywheel. lol
Haha, ohh well! Would have been nice to save a little on shipping.
All coming along faster then i expected so your flywheel might go into the bike during summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts