SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow SV riders,
My clutch basket is finally giving up , i have managed to track down a complete clutch basket , my question is will the clutch basket i have found fit on my 2007 model, the one i can lay my hands on is from a 2004 sV1000 S
Was there any changes between 2004 and 2007?The stealership prices ate just ridiculous and most of the parts are on a 4 to 6 week back order!
I am in Randburg South Africa.

any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards
Shamless

·
Vendor
165 Posts
Yes, the 2004 basket is fully interchangeable with your 2007.
Buying a used clutch basket thinking it is going to be chudder free and without issues is quite the risk. After 20,000 kms the SV clutch basket is typically going to start showing signs of wear and go downhill from there.
New OEM baskets are not always available. The last batch of 3 that I ordered took weeks to arrive, one taking almost 3 months. Buying a properly modified basket is the only way to fix the problems Suzuki designed into these baskets permanently.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, the 2004 basket is fully interchangeable with your 2007.
Buying a used clutch basket thinking it is going to be chudder free and without issues is quite the risk. After 20,000 kms the SV clutch basket is typically going to start showing signs of wear and go downhill from there.
New OEM baskets are not always available. The last batch of 3 that I ordered took weeks to arrive, one taking almost 3 months. Buying a properly modified basket is the only way to fix the problems Suzuki designed into these baskets permanently.
Good afternoon, dear friend! The basket you have upgraded has traveled 70 thousand km and was reassembled with new springs, and I suppose the same amount will pass. Thanks a lot for the work you've done!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
Hello fellow SV riders,
My clutch basket is finally giving up..................
Before you go ahead with buying another basket, maybe inspect your old one, looking for any tell tale signs of actual problems, realshelby will be able to tell you what to notice, because,
as realshelby has suggested, buying another basket wont solve the issues that these clutches had...... They were poorly designed from the start.
My clutch had over 250000 km's on it and the basket was still actually in good condition.....the issue is how the basket mounts, and its relationship with the woeful back torque limiter (slipper)
hub.
My advice is, get realshelby (WERKS Parts) to rebuild your basket, and, either install the 2nd gen DL slipper hub, which is better designed, or the the 1st gen DL (non slipper) hub....which is what i did....less crap going on.....(cheaper too)
You will then ascend to the vibeless nirvana that some of us have already reached.... (even better with fixed rotor...)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Before you go ahead with buying another basket, maybe inspect your old one, looking for any tell tale signs of actual problems, realshelby will be able to tell you what to notice, because,
as realshelby has suggested, buying another basket wont solve the issues that these clutches had...... They were poorly designed from the start.
My clutch had over 250000 km's on it and the basket was still actually in good condition.....the issue is how the basket mounts, and its relationship with the woeful back torque limiter (slipper)
hub.
My advice is, get realshelby (WERKS Parts) to rebuild your basket, and, either install the 2nd gen DL slipper hub, which is better designed, or the the 1st gen DL (non slipper) hub....which is what i did....less crap going on.....(cheaper too)
You will then ascend to the vibeless nirvana that some of us have already reached.... (even better with fixed rotor...)
Do you have original part numbers to make it easier for me to source locally in holland for baskets?

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
Do you have original part numbers to make it easier for me to source locally in holland for baskets?
The basket is 21200-16820

But if you want to get a rebuild done by WERKS (realshelby), then a good used item is fine, and will save you a lot of money

1 - 6 of 6 Posts