SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the most commo mod one does beside the usueal air filter, exhaust, PCIII...... to thier ride to get the most out of it but yet still keep it daily riding?
how do the bikes out there handle the bore kits, crank / camshaft mods, timing......

edit... tre n suspension

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
16T front sprocket and up to 2 more on the back (42T) seems to be common for a 'fun' mod.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd add installing a TRE as a 4th item on the common checklist.

Exhaust
Air Filter
PCIII
TRE

Blocking or removing the PAIR system is also very common. And of course good tires can change a bike's personality. Then there's the TB sync and TPS adjustments. Shock and fork swaps and/or tuning is popular. When you say "racer" there are so many things to improve the bike that don't involve touching the engine. While some people do open up their engines, I would not call that "common".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know craking the engine isn;t the most common idea either just trying to figure out whats tried n tru for improvments thats still works great as a daily ride

I never can remeber which is better for gas, acceleration, top end when changing the front n rear teeth on the sprokets :( sad I know

·
More fun than
1,060 Posts
to increase responsiveness and acceleration, you would go down in the front and up in the rear. i think it works out to be -1 in the front is +2 in the rear. i have had -1 in the front and first gear power wheelies are easy with my 215lbs. second gear will just start to come off the ground. i ordered a 42t rear which is +2 yesterday. another member reminded me that gsxr1000's stock rear is 42t and will interchange. i got mine for 10 dollars, as well did he. if you are interstate traveling you will lose some gas mileage, but in the city, it should be negligible. just shift to the next gear. that is the other problem that people have, the more aggressive gearing, the more shifting that is required. theoretically you should loose some top end, but i have seen other members argue this point. its pretty hard to get these bikes to the top speed anyway. the gearing change may prove to be more useful in the higher rpms too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to increase responsiveness and acceleration, you would go down in the front and up in the rear. if you are interstate traveling you will lose some gas mileage, but in the city, it should be negligible.
but would u gain top end or gas mileage if your went the other way larger front smaller rear

·
I STILL love twins!
13,004 Posts
but would u gain top end or gas mileage if your went the other way larger front smaller rear
ralph glorioso put on a smaller rear. Doubtful you would get more top end but I think his mileage did go up a few mpg. PM him.

Personally I have the stock gearing and I find it acceptable for the way I ride (spirited back road flogging).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts