SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing this out many months in advance. I'm going to the Deals Gap, NC/Fontana Village, NC area during the last week of May, 2021 (the 24th thru the 29th). I'm bringing my 2006 SV1000S too. Everyone who wants to be, should be vaccinated for this COVID-19 shit by then so I say let's celebrate and ride! (w00t)

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,321 Posts
Damn, i dont think i will make it.....wonder why....?

I would like to do The Dragon, just to say i have.......

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SV Rallies were a lot of fun and you got to meet some of the site's colorful members. Although there is no formal SV Rally during the week I'll be there, just going to that area of the United States is worth the trip. Pretty much all the roads there are curvy and fantastic, the scenery is gorgeous, and the area is motorcycle friendly. Here's a thread about the 2009 SV Rally: https://www.sv-portal.com/forums/10-sv1000-meetings-rideouts/33782-sv-rally-2009-a.html
That time was an absolute blast! I can't believe that was over 10 years ago!

·
Registered
124 Posts
i can only agree w you, lots of curvy roads down there! i plan cross country trip in may but will see how things gonna go... , so if i hapen to be near by i come over. i was there last time 2016 when moving from NOLA ( flat roads no curves...) back to Philly, unfortunately SV was in back of my truck with table saw and other tools i use to make $.

Attachments

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, I'm heading out tomorrow to Deals Gap for a week-long riding adventure! And I won't be on the SV. I'll be on a recently acquired 2009 Bandit 1250 (see my showcase for more details). An old college buddy of mine and I will be staying at the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort. Can't wait!

·
Crazy Old Foole
7,313 Posts
Wish I could make it, but it's just not in the cards. Too much "life" getting in the way.
Getting too old to pound it the way I used to as well. I'm starting to pay for the sins of my youth.

You guys have a great ride! I'll be thinking about 'ya.
Stay safe, and maybe I'll make it in another year or two....if I'm still alive.

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wish I could make it, but it's just not in the cards. Too much "life" getting in the way.
Getting too old to pound it the way I used to as well. I'm starting to pay for the sins of my youth.

You guys have a great ride! I'll be thinking about 'ya.
Stay safe, and maybe I'll make it in another year or two....if I'm still alive.
LOL...thanks Rick. You'll live to be 100+.😆
The Bandit isn't running right. I suspect the gas cap is clogged with ethanol corrosion so it's not venting properly. Everytime I stopped and let it sit for 10-15 min, it would run great for about 10 miles then wouldn't rev past 4000 rpm. Lots of corrosion and pitting of the gas cap internals and the rubber seal had crud all over it. I'll mess with it more when I get back. So I rode the '06 SV1000S instead!😁
20210523_095940.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most amazing ride- if you never done it-! My first trip to the area, stayed at the Robbinsville just down the 129 from the dragon. Hit the road early on the the 27th (today) - One of those those things, I'm glad I had time to do.

Peace, and Safe rides for all-

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

What a fantastic vacation! The southbound lanes of the Dragon were in the worst shape I've ever seen. The road had lots of separations where parts of the road started sliding downhill. Fortunately, there is an endless supply of other great roads with immaculate surfaces. 28 was just as incredible as I remembered. The Cherahola Skyway was also fantastic. My SV1000S was just as comfortable and superb as ever. I'm glad I took it. Put 1873.4 miles on it during the trip and averaged 42 mpg. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts