SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am thinking about adding a quickshifter to my SV. I already have a PC 3 and ignition box, so I was thinking to build my own setup without investing to an expensive quickshifter switch. I can't justify paying 200$ for just a pressure switch. To my understanding I just need a switch, maybe a rear brake switch and fabricate a bracket to activate the switch when I upshift. The signal of the switch will go to the PC 3 via simple wire. I can use the adapter plug for the 9v battery in the PC which I have laying around. So, the only thing I need is the software for the quick shift from dynojet which I can't find online anymore. Does anyone has this? Will it work?

Thank you in advance,
George

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,605 Posts
You would want to make sure that the bush that the gear lever runs on is in good order and nice and tight, otherwise you may get erratic
movements, or even false messages fomr the lever jumping on hard bumps.....

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would want to make sure that the bush that the gear lever runs on is in good order and nice and tight, otherwise you may get erratic
movements, or even false messages fomr the lever jumping on hard bumps.....
I am using LSL rearsets, and I have modified them in the past to get rid of any end play in the gear shift lever. I am also using the TLR shift rod. I might give it a try and post results since its a cheap mod.

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,146 Posts
Hi guys,

I am thinking about adding a quickshifter to my SV. I already have a PC 3 and ignition box, so I was thinking to build my own setup without investing to an expensive quickshifter switch. I can't justify paying 200$ for just a pressure switch. To my understanding I just need a switch, maybe a rear brake switch and fabricate a bracket to activate the switch when I upshift. The signal of the switch will go to the PC 3 via simple wire. I can use the adapter plug for the 9v battery in the PC which I have laying around. So, the only thing I need is the software for the quick shift from dynojet which I can't find online anymore. Does anyone has this? Will it work?

Thank you in advance,
George
Many of the pressure switches can be adjusted for sensitivity or other means so vibrations and accidental contact with the pedal will not trigger a delay cycle to happen.

-ms

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many of the pressure switches can be adjusted for sensitivity or other means so vibrations and accidental contact with the pedal will not trigger a delay cycle to happen.

-ms
Do you have any pressure switch in mind that could be used with the setup I am having?

Thanks

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,146 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts