SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some say the tre mod itself is hardly noticeable, it was the first mod I did and found it lessened the low speed chudder

I hope so I'm doing a tooth down on the front sprocket all at the same time, and won't be able to ride in-between the two mods due to rain so I won't know how much each individual one does.

·
Mmmm Kate
7,536 Posts
I've ridden one with a TRE and didn't notice any difference. Plus I've never noticed any of the alleged low down shudder.

I'd be curious to see if you notice any improvement. :)

·
N of Atlanta
7,697 Posts
I ran a dumb tre for a while, tossed it because of the cold idle hassle. Then I got a smart one from a forum member (much better for the idle), and that time I definitely noticed some difference in partial-throttle low-end power- it's a keeper. Worth installing...

·
Registered
863 Posts
I've ridden one with a TRE and didn't notice any difference. :)
To notice the difference you have to know what it does and how it feels specifically on your bike.

Here is an example from my 98 TLS:

Before Tre: In 1st at approx 3800 rpm it would hesitate like it was running out of gas when I would snap the throttle open. Then it would gather itself and start motoring, slowly.

After Tre: With the same criteria it threatened to flip over backwards like a freaking mousetrap and 2nd gear wheelies were retardedly easy at anything up to 110 kph strictly off the throttle.

The SV has similar resuts but not as violent. When I say snap the throttle I don't mean just open it quick, I mean crack it fast.

The secondary butterflies that this FI system uses probably mute the effect of the Tre on our bikes like they did on my Vstrom. I'll find out this spring when I pop them out and go for a ride.

·
N of Atlanta
7,697 Posts
Certainly, if you run around all day with the throttle pinned, you won't notice one bit of difference with a tre.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Where did I say I have the throttle pinned all day? I said it has a hesitation when opened quickly at around 4000 rpm in 1st and 2nd. And then also countered that with explaining that a gentler roll on from those speeds would be irrelavent to a retarded curve.

You must take me for one of those crazy young guys who ride like nutbars all the time.

I assure you I am not young.

·
55,500 miles and counting
19,824 Posts
I fitted the home made TRE fom our Amarican member who sells them, I had no running problems before or after, there isn't much noticable differnce in power but it does pull better from low revs like in 3rd.

Found this when riding the coast road with Nigel, bend after bend in 2nd and 3rd pulling hard from 2000/3000 rpm was better than when I did it the year before without the TRE.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So its donzo and it doesn't "chug" at low speed like it did but I changed the sprocket at the same time so I can't say how much diff it made in how she pulls but after doing the two I can say it feels a lot different. Oh and I did "the simplest smart TRE ever"

·
Registered
519 Posts
Steve's switchable aTRE was a 10 minute install and I've definitely noticed it pulling harder in lower gears.

·
N of Atlanta
7,697 Posts
Where did I say I have the throttle pinned all day? I said it has a hesitation when opened quickly at around 4000 rpm in 1st and 2nd. And then also countered that with explaining that a gentler roll on from those speeds would be irrelavent to a retarded curve.

You must take me for one of those crazy young guys who ride like nutbars all the time.

I assure you I am not young.
LOL I wasn't referring to you! Kinda a general statement...

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,219 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts