SV Portal Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
Where did I say I have the throttle pinned all day? I said it has a hesitation when opened quickly at around 4000 rpm in 1st and 2nd. And then also countered that with explaining that a gentler roll on from those speeds would be irrelavent to a retarded curve. You must take me for one of those crazy young guys who ride like nutbars all the time. I assure you I am not young.
Man I think you have just solved the issue Ive been having with my SV with a post that you made over a decade ago. If you are by any chance still around could you please clarify for me? When I WOT my sv in 1st and 2nd at lower rpm for about 1 or 2 seconds the bike kind of starves and then power starts to gently match my throttle. Is this the affect you are mentioning that a tre eliminates?

Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
Man I think you have just solved the issue Ive been having with my SV with a post that you made over a decade ago. If you are by any chance still around could you please clarify for me? When I WOT my sv in 1st and 2nd at lower rpm for about 1 or 2 seconds the bike kind of starves and then power starts to gently match my throttle. Is this the affect you are mentioning that a tre eliminates?
The OP hasn't been here since 2016.....but, the TRE basicall gives the ECU the idea that you are in top gear, providing the mapping for that gear in all gears.
Suzuki had the first 2 or might be 3 gears electronically retarded to soften the power delivery, improve chain and tyre life and yada yada.....all amounted to crap anyway.

If yours is that slacked off, i would say its maybe more than the TRE that is needed.
Ensure that your TPS setting is spot on...... so -C00 at 1400 and the lines jumps up at 1750rpm.... pretty much perfect there.

Also, your STPS has a lot more effect on the bike than you might think. Witht the secondary butterflies fully open, make sure they are both vertical, adjust them to suit, measure OHMS
between the black and yellow wires on the sensor (unplug it first) and 4.38ohm is the sweet spot.

Do these things first, before the TRE, it gives you a great insight into the effects things have on your bike, which is useful for troubleshooting down the track.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Event Paper

21 - 24 of 24 Posts