SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
First post :)
Second season with my 2004 SV1000s and really enjoining this machine. Has a sport exhaust and KN air filter + Power commander 3 on it from previous owner and have not done any thing with this setup.
Started to get small problem with low rpm / idle and after a pouring rain bigger problem like losing power, or more like one cylinder at low RPMs.
But only after the bike is warm, after a few km, when cold it rides great
Feeling there is problem with the fuel?
On the PC3 module when idle the second last diod is lit so tried and made a small adjustment on it by increasing one step positive for the fuel at low RPM
Did TPS check and and small adjustment as it was set to high.
Spark plugs are only a month old, Iridium.
Checked cap for spark plugs and one was falling of the cable so refitted it good again, after taking away 5 mm of the cable.
Checked cables but so far nothing, will double check the grounding later.
Connected PC3 software, for the first time and looks like it´s OK and have the correct info about exhaust etc and made a throttle calibration,
But the gray cable connection from PC3 to the TPS was not that good, clamped, so re soldered it instead.
Hope this will fix and will try later in the week when everything is back together again but also found a thread about vacuum caps on the intake so dismounted the air filter box in the same time and then I found this strange things.
Short hose from the airbox to PAIR valve was plugged and found thread about this trick. Can this make problems later or should I just leave it plugged?
Is it any check, except the wiring, I should check while the bike is dismantled?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
You found plenty wrong with the PC connections and wiring to cause your problems...I'd give it a try as is now and see how it goes. The PAIR system can be blocked off as your bike shows without causing any issues, though many of us have removed the solenoid and associated hoses to declutter under the tank then installed blanking plates over the PAIR ports on each head and a resistor to fool the ECU into thinking it's still controlling them.

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,729 Posts
If running issues persist, could also be your external mesh fuel prefilter and/or internal fuel filter inside the fuel regulator housing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts