SV Portal banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are general purpose carbon fiber slip-ons and press into 38 - 51mm diameter headers. They're held in place by springs to the header pipe and clamped easily to the stock location near the footpeg with the supplied clamp.

- I paid $85 delivered for a pair. As low as $35 each delivered price as of today.
Search "38-51mm exhaust".
- 4 - 4 1/2 pounds each
- Mellow, low sound a little louder than stock
- Removable baffle
- My '03 SV1000S runs well with them and similarly to the stock exhaust
- Good fit and finish

Overall - a great deal and highly recommended.

Attachments

·
Knowledge is Horsepower
3,259 Posts
:second:

Going to remove the bolt flanges?

I got one of those too. But I made an adapter for the Yosh 2-1 system with JB weld. :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any good ideas on the bolt flanges. For now I'd like to preserve them in case I need or want to reinstall the stock exhaust. Can you post a picture of your adapter?

·
Knowledge is Horsepower
3,259 Posts
You can get a stock exhaust off Fleabay for cheap. Just the flange to headers. That's what I'd do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm looking to buy one to, depending on the decibels. There are even real carbon ones on the cheap

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the stock pipes in perfect condition. They were removed for being heavy and looking mediocre at best. Those EBay pipes have a great sound without being too loud and are very light. The sound can be tuned to taste by systematically shortening the baffles although I'm leaving mine as is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've put more miles on the pipes and both the carbon fiber and metal areas are holding up well. I've experimented a bit with wrapping the removable baffles. First attempt was with fiberglass muffler wrap sprayed with high temp silicone paint. Quite a bit quieter and ran OK but slightly soft power delivery in comparison with my second and final wrapping done with ceramic 2200 degree rated wrap. Now, power is very strong and I suspect greater than stock. Exhaust pulses are easily felt popping into my hand 20 inches behind each exhaust. Sound is just about perfect in that it's louder and lower than stock but recedes into the background and is lower in volume than wind noise at speed. Top gear rollon on my favorite open stretch sees about 120 which is a couple of MPH up from before.

I put the same pipes on my '02 Ducati 900 Sport with different results. The air cooled Ducati engine is inherently noisy and there's plenty of musical valve train clatter. Exhaust note with the EBay pipes is lower and smoother than the Suzuki. Maybe the Suzuki's higher compression makes it "pop" more. I actually reamed out each baffle hole on the Duc with my drill then rewrapped the baffes with ceramic wrap. Exhaust sound has a nice low tone and the ratio at 70 MPH is maybe 50% wind, 30% valve train and 20% exhaust bass note. My seat dyno says it runs the same as stock. Top gear rollon on my favorite open stretch sees about 108 which is the same as before.

One of my riding buddies just dropped $800 on Two Brothers slip-ons for his FJR1300. Very low in tone but loud and takes more money to quiet down. I'll take the EBay pipes with the tuenable, removable baffles any day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts