SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I have a 2005 SV1000N and would like to purchase engine case protection for it, but have trouble finding any carbon fibre covers (or similar) to fit the 1000, plenty on line for the SV650(GBR stuff). I don't have a SV650 close by to check, but is there a chance that the covers for a SV650 would fit the SV1000??

Thanks

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,948 Posts
No, the 650 stuff wont fit... nothing about the 2 engines are the same. I haven't heard of any engine protection stuff, maybe a long time ago, but not now.
A few of our US and EU friends may have some ideas for you though....

·
Registered
05 sv1k
37 Posts
this is what i have found....

If you visit his store he also sell each separately. The stator cover has no access hole for the flywheel though.
But its carbon fiber man.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is what i have found....

If you visit his store he also sell each separately. The stator cover has no access hole for the flywheel though.
But its carbon fiber man.......
Yea I saw this one, but I am in Darwin Australia, and it appears he does not ship to Oz says the ebay peg) .... Bummer, so still looking.

Thank you anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, the 650 stuff wont fit... nothing about the 2 engines are the same. I haven't heard of any engine protection stuff, maybe a long time ago, but not now.
A few of our US and EU friends may have some ideas for you though....
Thank you, yea thought as much, but best to ask.
There is one place in Czechoslovakia I think, but want 50 euro to send. Might finish up having a go and doing my own..

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,948 Posts
The DL ons, well the early ones, should fit yeah..... Wait to hear from some of our more learned friends......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All

I have a 2005 SV1000N and would like to purchase engine case protection for it, but have trouble finding any carbon fibre covers (or similar) to fit the 1000, plenty on line for the SV650(GBR stuff). I don't have a SV650 close by to check, but is there a chance that the covers for a SV650 would fit the SV1000??

Thanks
Good Afternoon.
Having owned both the 650 and now the 1000 but not at the same time I really do not think they will fit as everything on the 1000 is bigger. However there will be far more knowledgeable people on here that will properly put you (and me!!) straight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Afternoon.
Having owned both the 650 and now the 1000 but not at the same time I really do not think they will fit as everything on the 1000 is bigger. However there will be far more knowledgeable people on here that will properly put you (and me!!) straight.
Thanks Chris, will have a good read through the forum and see what I can find. But might finish up making some I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts