SV Portal Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
I still got the K5 flywheel on the shelf (waiting to go in, in a few weeks) that I can measure with a vernier caliper. Unfortunately I got nothing for more precise measurements at home.
Me thinks the verniers will be just right....

Is it at all possible to do a mud map, as in side elevation, with diameters and the length of each section...if you know what i mean...?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Me thinks the verniers will be just right....

Is it at all possible to do a mud map, as in side elevation, with diameters and the length of each section...if you know what i mean...?
Not entirely sure. But being mechanical engineer I had in mind just doing a 2D drawing with all the measurements as somebody would have to machine it.
Or not with every measurement, but enough so you can machine the K3/K4 to K5 specs.

I probably missed it somewhere, but are still running your original flywheel? And the 1. gen Vstrom hub on the clutch side?

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
Not entirely sure. But being mechanical engineer I had in mind just doing a 2D drawing with all the measurements as somebody would have to machine it.
Or not with every measurement, but enough so you can machine the K3/K4 to K5 specs.

I probably missed it somewhere, but are still running your original flywheel? And the 1. gen Vstrom hub on the clutch side?

A 2d pic would be excellent..... perfect... thanks...

And i do have an original K3 rotor/flywheel....

I am running a WERKS clutch basket and the 1st gen DL hub.......

21 - 23 of 23 Posts