SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started looking around for some exhausts. Seen a few pics and youtube clips but open to suggestions and those looking to sell.

·
Raising the standards
4,537 Posts
I run A16 pipes reasonable price,light weight and sound IMHO great

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong sound wise with most after market cans on an sv, all the ones I've heard sound great, quality wise my yoshis were spot on my Beowulf were good and cheaper and loads off options with them, quill are good, scorpion are good value, the tiforce you've enquired about is the dogs though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Copper Crusader!!
3,110 Posts
I am bias, but have run D&D's on both of my SVs. If loud is what you are looking for, this is the choice................

·
Registered
519 Posts
Best rumble is Scorpion. I put in a K&N and raised the tank beforehand, and scored the scorpion bolt-ons second hand from the TLR forums for $200. Unfortunately I immediately noticed a 10+ mpg decrease so I had to grab a PCIII. Once fitted with the PCIII and the standard map for [I think?] Micron pipes and high flow filter, it's run like a champ (though a tad bit rich), gaining me most of the mpg I lost back.

In terms of sound, I haven't heard a better sounding exhaust on the SV than the Scorpions.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have limited supply of exhausts hear in the UK and I can't find any scorpion exhausts.

Are Microns worth considering? The've always been a well sought after brand.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Can't speak of Microns personally, but I believe that the M4 [I think] was positively reviewed here and there.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
We have limited supply of exhausts hear in the UK and I can't find any scorpion exhausts.

Are Microns worth considering? The've always been a well sought after brand.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REMUS-REVOLUTION-TITANIUM-EXHAUST-CANS-SUZUKI-SV1000-/251259972367?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a8042eb0f#ht_1624wt_958..i had a pair of these on my xjr1200 and they sounded sweeeet....they would b even better on a sv .....whts ur budget then mate???...mircron have gone bust now.....i had a pair on me black bird and they were too quite as i think they had a baffle in the link pipe so i got shot of em.....for a pair of art ones which sounded alot better......

·
Registered
119 Posts
exhausts

My 03s has a ,pair of Fuel carbon look cans,on it when I bought it ,quite loud when baffles out .exellent servuce from fuel in cumbria. sent them back for repacking, returned within 3days (with a bar of Kendal mint cake in each box) for about £30

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've taken a bit of a chance but I've just bought these Scorpion cans with baffles based on the few who've said they are great exhausts. I did want the Tri Oval by MTC exhausts but they were £448 with delivery and I was thinking of going for the longer cans in black which probably would have increased the cost by another £80-£100. I figured that if I still want to go for the MTC exhausts I could easily get my money back on these scorpions?

Spoke to the chap and he says they are in nice condition, so we'll see. Not 100% sure I want them but the price was good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251262702606

·
I love my SV
5,783 Posts
I've taken a bit of a chance but I've just bought these Scorpion cans with baffles based on the few who've said they are great exhausts. I did want the Tri Oval by MTC exhausts but they were £448 with delivery and I was thinking of going for the longer cans in black which probably would have increased the cost by another £80-£100. I figured that if I still want to go for the MTC exhausts I could easily get my money back on these scorpions?

Spoke to the chap and he says they are in nice condition, so we'll see. Not 100% sure I want them but the price was good.

You wont go far wrong with them.... I reckon they will look great on your all black SV...:yes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I looked at them but the guy wouldn't post, I emailed him 3 times and got no answer so I bought the danmoto ones!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I looked at them but the guy wouldn't post, I emailed him 3 times and got no answer so I bought the danmoto ones!
Lol, he told me he had a buyer about a week ago? But he didn't want to post. I rang his mobile and had a chat. Got the impression he's an older chap who does not do IT at all. His sister setup eBay for him but he doesn't have PayPal. Perhaps he's a bit old school?

Are you happy with your exhausts?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts

u had a bargain there matey...:yes:...carbon scorpians were the first cans to grace my sv.....and they were sweeeet....real deep rumble....espically on the over run....:wub:....an sv with stock cans sounds shite imo......proper strangled and muted..........ur neighbours r gonna love u now.....:nutkick:.....lol!!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
how r they danmoto ones anyway mate????the ones i`ve seen [on e bay]seem really cheap for what u get......whats quality/sound like???

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
u had a bargain there matey...:yes:...carbon scorpians were the first cans to grace my sv.....and they were sweeeet....real deep rumble....espically on the over run....:wub:....an sv with stock cans sounds shite imo......proper strangled and muted..........ur neighbours r gonna love u now.....:nutkick:.....lol!!
Don't think they will be any louder than my Buell? And I'm guessing you mean deep rumble with db killers out?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AW9f8kWUv8w

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bought those Scorpions and fitted today - brilliant. Love the new sound, def challenges my Buell sound. My bike sounds like its all grown up.

Ps; how can I tell if I have genuine Scorpions because there's now sticker on them? Can't see any markings to claim their Scorpions apart from the tatty box?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts