SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just been to see my first sv in the flesh.Loved it,but the low bars on the faired model lead me to think I must have a naked with higher bars.
But they seem quite rare?
So I'm thinking a faired model and do a conversion?
Or will higher bars fit with a fairing?
And anyone know if they are ulez compliant?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all
Just been to see my first sv in the flesh.Loved it,but the low bars on the faired model lead me to think I must have a naked with higher bars.
But they seem quite rare?
So I'm thinking a faired model and do a conversion?
Or will higher bars fit with a fairing?
And anyone know if they are ulez compliant?
In some regions the naked model was only sold as a K3 model. In Denmark (and all of EU I beleive) it was a very popular bike and we also had a K5 naked. Both N and S are very easy to get hands on.

A handlebar will be able to fit within the fairing.
You gout four different options:
1. Clip ons with a higher raise.
2. Custom machined top triple tree with risers for handlebar. ABT sells one with TÜV certification, so is a nice option if local/national laws requires it.
3. N-model top and bottom triple tree which got holes to mount risers for handle bar.
4. Drill holes for handlebar risers in the S-model top triple tree (you would weaken a structual part so i personal would not recomend or ever do it).

I went the oppiosite way mounting S-model top and bottom triple tree and clip ons on my N-model. Also did the S-model swing arm.
S-model got a shorter offeset in the triple tree and swingarm is shorter aswell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In some regions the naked model was only sold as a K3 model. In Denmark (and all of EU I beleive) it was a very popular bike and we also had a K5 naked. Both N and S are very easy to get hands on.

A handlebar will be able to fit within the fairing.
You gout four different options:
1. Clip ons with a higher raise.
2. Custom machined top triple tree with risers for handlebar. ABT sells one with TÜV certification, so is a nice option if local/national laws requires it.
3. N-model top and bottom triple tree which got holes to mount risers for handle bar.
4. Drill holes for handlebar risers in the S-model top triple tree (you would weaken a structual part so i personal would not recomend or ever do it).

I went the oppiosite way mounting S-model top and bottom triple tree and clip ons on my N-model. Also did the S-model swing arm.
S-model got a shorter offeset in the triple tree and swingarm is shorter aswell.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts