SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just been to see my first sv in the flesh.Loved it,but the low bars on the faired model lead me to think I must have a naked with higher bars.
But they seem quite rare?
So I'm thinking a faired model and do a conversion?
Or will higher bars fit with a fairing?
And anyone know if they are ulez compliant?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi all
Just been to see my first sv in the flesh.Loved it,but the low bars on the faired model lead me to think I must have a naked with higher bars.
But they seem quite rare?
So I'm thinking a faired model and do a conversion?
Or will higher bars fit with a fairing?
And anyone know if they are ulez compliant?
In some regions the naked model was only sold as a K3 model. In Denmark (and all of EU I beleive) it was a very popular bike and we also had a K5 naked. Both N and S are very easy to get hands on.

A handlebar will be able to fit within the fairing.
You gout four different options:
1. Clip ons with a higher raise.
2. Custom machined top triple tree with risers for handlebar. ABT sells one with TÜV certification, so is a nice option if local/national laws requires it.
3. N-model top and bottom triple tree which got holes to mount risers for handle bar.
4. Drill holes for handlebar risers in the S-model top triple tree (you would weaken a structual part so i personal would not recomend or ever do it).

I went the oppiosite way mounting S-model top and bottom triple tree and clip ons on my N-model. Also did the S-model swing arm.
S-model got a shorter offeset in the triple tree and swingarm is shorter aswell.

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In some regions the naked model was only sold as a K3 model. In Denmark (and all of EU I beleive) it was a very popular bike and we also had a K5 naked. Both N and S are very easy to get hands on.

A handlebar will be able to fit within the fairing.
You gout four different options:
1. Clip ons with a higher raise.
2. Custom machined top triple tree with risers for handlebar. ABT sells one with TÜV certification, so is a nice option if local/national laws requires it.
3. N-model top and bottom triple tree which got holes to mount risers for handle bar.
4. Drill holes for handlebar risers in the S-model top triple tree (you would weaken a structual part so i personal would not recomend or ever do it).

I went the oppiosite way mounting S-model top and bottom triple tree and clip ons on my N-model. Also did the S-model swing arm.
S-model got a shorter offeset in the triple tree and swingarm is shorter aswell.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know why but it looks like that faired version was far more popular than naked in many regions. e.g. here in finland naked 1000 version was never officially sold, we had only faired option.

So all naked 1000's here are privately imported.

But 650 was available also as naked.

But somehow I prefer naked over faired, with huge margin.

So I'll say to those who have N version: Hold on to that, it'll soon be rare as hens teeth.
And yes, I have 1000N K4, red

1 - 5 of 5 Posts