SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo All
maybe someone will be able to help...
I got flasher relay, removed 2 cables (brown and light blue)
connected relay - turned ignition on - the indicators blinked, then stayed on for a while and then just stopped working.
the relay got quite hot
then I tried to get back to factory settings to see if indicators would work.
therefore my questions:
1. what was the original position of blue and brown wires in black block...? ( i removed these and now can't recall where these were)
2. could I have damaged the original relay by wrongly connecting the cables? ( i tried to reconnect wires, but the indicators didn't work - maybe I put these other way round??)
3. or maybe i possibly damaged something else...? what could it be then?

I'd really appreciate any help

Cheers

·
"Kiss my Ass"
13,712 Posts
Sorry but just got in from work, if you need answers still in the morning i will be able to check for you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
there's a brilliant wiring loom detail chart here that answers these types of questions (the 3rd and 4th pages)

http://www.sv-portal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=583160&highlight=schematic#post583160

it DOES matter which way round you put them in, ...

you'll notice one of the 8 positions in the connector has no connection (you can work it out by looking at the relay unit and seeing where the 7 pins are), next to that unused position goes the Brown wire, and next to Brown goes LBlue. To check you got it right the 4th pin on that row should be Orange/Black

anyway ... the indicator relay is NOT a relay ... it is an electronic cct, and there is a small chance that you fried it

cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for wiring diagram
i put these other way round :(
need to swap tomorrow and see if relay still work
if something were to fry - would it be relay , or sth else?
also if i use now LED Flasher relay would led indicators work ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
if something were to fry - would it be relay , or sth else?
also if i use now LED Flasher relay would led indicators work ?
you wouldn't fry a relay because there isn't one ... you might fry the 8-pin integrated circuit that controls the MOSFET power transistor though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts