• fill with lip

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SV 1000 s 03
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to do the magnet on SV 1000 question is should I fill or not fill the gaps between them I was thinking of putting a little lip on the edges that way they could never move even if they did come loose what you guys/girls think thanks in advance

·
Registered
05 sv1k
14 Posts
i replaced my flywheel last winter. i was in the same position as you. i chose not to jb weld my new flywheel. what i learned was if you do not jb weld then it should last 20k miles or more. i do a little over 1k a year on this bike. balance is also very important. i tried jb welding my old flywheel and what a pain. if you do the jb weld i suggest you practice on your old one first.i was going to try using small syringes to inject it into the gaps but lost interest and sold the flywheel. for what its worth my 05 had 51k and had two loose magnets. but hey what do i know.
i figure it should out last me.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,321 Posts
The JB is pretty easy......just spoon it into the gaps with an ice cream stick.......a little at a time.....
Work it in wit the edge of the stick.... really only needs to be 1/3 of the magnet deep...its more than enough to hold them .
Obviously make them as even too each other as possible....give it 24hrs or more, then make a little depth gauge to set a desired height, and then file / grind them to the same depth..... all done....!!!

I have spare engine that only has 16k kms (10k miles) on it, and all but one magnet had come free...

Riding 1k a year isn't a gaurentee of life really......the glue that was used is crap, and it ages regardless, maybe not
as quickly, but still does......

Reactions: realshelby
1 - 3 of 3 Posts