SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of re-glueing the magnets to my K3 flywheel I went one step further and removed 1,1kg of material in a lathe to ligthen like the K5 flywheel. Unfortunately i forgot to take note of the timing marks and now they are gone. Can anyone help me? Mabye there is some reference point I can measure from to/from

To keep the magnets in place in welded in some spacers between the magnets

·
Registered
85 Posts
as always good work Jum Jum, with your experience I do not think it is difficult for you to remove the spark plugs to find the pms and mark it again

·
Registered
41 Posts
If any help i can try to measure the timing marks by hand from the K5 flywheel i just got on hand.
Also if any help and depending on where you live in Denmark you can come by my place and do the measurements on your own.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I was able to put FT mark back on the flywheel with tdc stop tool and degree wheel and it ligned up with the jetway. The flywheel is now balanced and ready to back into bike tomorrow

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,321 Posts
In the first pic, it looked like F/T was opposite the keyway......so all good there

A bit confused by the addition of the metal spacers between the magnets...? You have removed weight by machining, but added a portion back.... JB Weld easily holds the magnets, and weighs a tenth of that metal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the first pic, it looked like F/T was opposite the keyway......so all good there

A bit confused by the addition of the metal spacers between the magnets...? You have removed weight by machining, but added a portion back.... JB Weld easily holds the magnets, and weighs a tenth of that metal.
Metal spacers between magnets keeps then in place and are tig welded and will not move. Spaces are milled and weigh exactly the same and will ensure even balance. Goal was not to get the lightest flywheel, but close to K5 specs. Since i am an electrician I took the project on as an exercise to get more "seat time" on the lathe and mill.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,321 Posts
............... get more "seat time" on the lathe and mill.

Now thats something i get... ha ha.... been a long time since i got to use a mill.....or a decent lathe.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Metal spacers between magnets keeps then in place and are tig welded and will not move. Spaces are milled and weigh exactly the same and will ensure even balance. Goal was not to get the lightest flywheel, but close to K5 specs. Since i am an electrician I took the project on as an exercise to get more "seat time" on the lathe and mill.
Nice work you did there. And with these spacers I am pretty sure it is bullet proof. Another option could be to construct a metal ring. I remember seeing some draft design of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Вы замкнули магнитное поле ротора накоротко. Насколько изменилось напряжение и ток зарядки на аккумуляторной батарее?

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,321 Posts
Вы замкнули магнитное поле ротора накоротко. Насколько изменилось напряжение и ток зарядки на аккумуляторной батарее?
Hello FlashSI.....

Welcome to the site, but, unfortunately, your message is in Russian.... :)..... Can you re-type it in English at all ?

Google translate says this "You have short-circuited the rotor magnetic field. How much has the battery charging voltage and current changed?
Is that correct ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
[QUOTE = "Отсутствует ссылка, сообщение: 1852331443, участник: 52234"]
Привет, FlashSI .....

Добро пожаловать на сайт, но, к сожалению, ваше сообщение на русском .... :)..... Можете ли вы вообще перепечатать его на английском?

Google translate сообщает следующее: "Вы закоротили магнитное поле ротора. Насколько изменились напряжение и ток зарядки аккумулятора?"
Это верно ?
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
You have short-circuited the rotor magnetic field. How much has the battery charging voltage and current changed?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts